Problems getting good quality photo prints using coloured paper.

Old June 1st 04, 06:49 PM
jbuch

Default Problems getting good quality photo prints using coloured paper.

Will wrote:

I'm having problems getting good quality photo prints using coloured
paper.

I use ver. 8 PSP and HP scanjet 5470c. Both produce excellent results
on white photo quality and passable draft results on high quality
general printer paper. I cannot find a coloured paper which does not
react with the ink.

Do I need special paper? If so could you point me in the right
direction?

If you use coloured paper what sort/make do you use? Any other advice
would be appreciated.

Dave.

Well, it is probably NOT the ink reacting with chemical in the colored
paper.

Inkjet and laser color printing is designed to print correctly, or
reasonably so, on WHITE paper, because any white in the final image must
be furnished by the white in the paper.

Using colored paper isn't bad for just black text or B&W prints. You can
still readily percieve the blacks and grays.

But to print color images on colored paper would be impossible if there
is any white in the image that needs to be produced.

There is no way to produce white with inkjet or laserjet on colored paper.

Jim

Keepsake gift for young girls.
Unique and personal one-of-a-kind.
Builds strong minds 12 ways.
Guaranteed satisfaction
- courteous money back
- keep bonus gifts

http://www.alicebook.com

Old June 1st 04, 10:13 PM
CWatters

Try using a photo editing program to add a coloured background then print on
white paper? Might be expensive on ink though.

Old June 2nd 04, 04:16 PM
beezer

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 21:13:22 GMT, "CWatters"
wrote:

Try using a photo editing program to add a coloured background then print on
white paper? Might be expensive on ink though.

another alternative, scan and sample the colored paper you want to
print on and add it as a layer with your photo.. I cant give you
details with psp as I use photoshop...

Anyway, once you add that background , merge the layers and set your
paper color background to white with color range.. you should then see
the effects the color paper will have on your photo theoretically.....

basically, the printer is expecting white paper, so if you set the
color of your paper to white, you could then manipulate the photo to
your liking to be usable on colored paper...

The theory is there and I use techniques like this for diffrent
projects..