intel board, fans on during standby. intel d875PBZ.

Old January 13th 04, 06:14 PM
JohnJ

Default intel board, fans on during standby. intel d875PBZ.

To the Intel gurus.

I've built PCs in the past and when this happened, using ASUS boards, I
would disable Power Management on the USB Root Hub, the problem solved. But
those were Win2K pcs, SP4 installed.

Built a PC for a client. 875PBZ Board, 3.2 P4. Very stable so far. But fans
stay on Standby. Has latest Bios, P18. S3 state is selected. In the BIOS, I
tried selecting Fans On and Off when the temp is low . No change. Hardware
monitoring is on in BIOS. No change if hardware monitoring is off. Active
Alerting software is not installed. I've updated my mouse drivers, video
drivers, soundcard drivers, etc. The board is in an Antec Sonata case. Cards
include a firewire card (pci) soundblaster 5.1 card, and an ATI Radeon All
in One card. Two 512 Centon memory chips, 3200. Using onboard lan.

ACPI is running, per device manager.

I even tried S1 ACPI state but the fans stayed on, which they should
according to Intel. But the fans should go off in S3.

I noticed the Antec Power Supply has a PSU Fan plug. What plug should this
go in on the Intel board? Also, the Antec Sonata has a Fan Only connector
and I plugged this in into the rear fan.

I disabled power management on the USB hubs and all network cards. No
difference.

Power settings don't give me much options

Running XP Pro, Sp1.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

John