"Hard Drive Reliability Review for 2015"

Old March 14th 16, 03:53 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Sam

Default "Hard Drive Reliability Review for 2015"

On Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 6:06:00 PM UTC-8, Rod Speed wrote: Dunno, the Hitachi/HGST are doing ok.

Remains to be seen what will happen
with the drive quality now that they have
been taken over by Western Digital tho.

Don't like their warranty approach myself,
pay for return of the drive to them. That
can mean that it isnt worth the cost for me.

Dont' most RMA HD companies work that way where you have to pay shipping to them?

Old March 14th 16, 09:53 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

Sam wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Dunno, the Hitachi/HGST are doing ok.

Remains to be seen what will happen
with the drive quality now that they have
been taken over by Western Digital tho.

Don't like their warranty approach myself,
pay for return of the drive to them. That
can mean that it isnt worth the cost for me.

Dont' most RMA HD companies work that
way where you have to pay shipping to them?

That varys with the jurisdiction. It isn't legal I some.

Old March 19th 16, 03:07 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
[email protected]

I noticed they only have a small number of Toshiba drives. Presumably,
they were just trying out a small batch. Are Toshiba "enterprise" drives
more expensive than Seagrit and Whisky Delta?
Old March 19th 16, 08:56 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

wrote

I noticed they only have a small number of Toshiba drives. Presumably,
they were just trying out a small batch. Are Toshiba "enterprise" drives
more expensive than Seagrit and Whisky Delta?

Hard to say what prices they pay for various manufacture's drives.