How to copy medical CD to harddrive

Old January 13th 15, 12:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
micky

Default How to copy medical CD to harddrive

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 01:11:43 -0500, Paul wrote:

OT but the tumor causes the gland to put out PTH, parathyroid hormone,
even when it shouldn't, which steals calcium from the bones and raises
the level of calcium in the blood. Calcium is the only mineral inthe
body that has its own gland to regulate its level.

Have you worked through the info here,
to guess at the probable cause ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperparathyroidism

Yes, I have. Thanks for the thought.

I've read a lot of stuff. Apparently the most likely thing is that
there is a tumor but the scan doesn't show it**. That's why I've tried
to vary the contrast on the display, and the help file seems to say how
to do that. **Which I suppose means its small and hasn't done much
damage yet. I hate having a girlie disease, osteoporosis. But for men
with a parathyroid tumor, it's more reversible than for women with
another cause for it.

The cursor is supposed to change its appearance when I click on
half-white, half-black circle, but it doesn't. Oh, the cursor doesn't
change shape until it's back over the image, so it's working. But
changing the contrast doesn't show anything new.

It's not like I'm smarter than the radiologist with 30 years experience.
If he says there's nothing there, there's probably nothing there. But,
because of two medical occasions where my brother was right and the
other doctors weren't, my brother is the doctor I trust most in the
world, so I want him to see it.
Old January 13th 15, 12:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
micky

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 13:10:55 -0200, Shadow wrote:

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 19:28:05 -0500, Paul wrote:

Required materials - at least one blank CD at the
destination. A CD-R, CD-RW, or even DVD media can be
used to prepare new media for usage.

Or just mount the image using something like MagicDisk or
VirtualCloneDrive.

http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/mi...sc-history.htm

(available for win98 even)

or

http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

Thanks for these. This might be easier. Especially if he forgets to
buy blank disks.

BTW, where I live, DVDs are much cheaper than CDs, if you want
to write a disk.

Interesting. But you live in the shadows.

[]'s

Old January 13th 15, 01:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Paul

micky wrote:
[...]

Is the alternative, a kidney problem ?

Or the usage of a medication or food substance that
mimics the symptoms ?

I think anyone can get osteoporosis. It doesn't
pick favorites.

Paul
Old January 13th 15, 01:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Paul

micky wrote:

Yeah, there is nothing like that. The biggest file in the STUDY
directory (as opposed to the APPS directort) is 500K but the file name
is 6629000.std.ipd .

http://www.mypacs.net/cases/61836452.html

( sample file - http://www.mypacs.net/repos/mpv3_rep...r/61840350.ipd )

I took a look at that example. It consists of:

1) Textual identifiers on sector boundaries.
2) Eventually in that example file, I start seeing 4CC codes.

?PNG IHDR IDAT IEND

So that's a PNG file embedded in a form of archive. I would probably
find as many ?PNG examples in there, as I would find textual identifiers
on sector boundaries at the beginning of the file.

Use your hex editor and walk through the file.
You'll figure it out.

When you start to see some 4CC codes, you'll need to find
a wiki article on the file format, so you can snip out a piece
that corresponds to something you can open in an image editor.

Paul
Old January 13th 15, 03:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
micky

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 19:04:52 -0500, Paul wrote:

micky wrote:
[...]

Yeah, but it's at least 3 to 1 females. That makes it a girlie disease
afaic. ;-)

I'll let you know after Wednesday what the surgeon says. They don't
merely rely on the referring physcian to be correct. He wants to see
the images and reports too. Come to think of it, the endocrinologist
must have had the test results when her office staff called me to tell
me to go ahead with the surgeon.

BTW, I used imgburn and the .iso I made yesterday to make two new CDs
and the new ones work fine.

Paul

Old January 13th 15, 04:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
micky

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 19:34:11 -0500, Paul wrote:

micky wrote:

Yeah, there is nothing like that. The biggest file in the STUDY
directory (as opposed to the APPS directort) is 500K but the file name
is 6629000.std.ipd .

http://www.mypacs.net/cases/61836452.html

( sample file - http://www.mypacs.net/repos/mpv3_rep...r/61840350.ipd )

Wow. I'm amazed that you found this. I'm also amazed that someone
posted it

I took a look at that example. It consists of:

1) Textual identifiers on sector boundaries.
2) Eventually in that example file, I start seeing 4CC codes.

?PNG IHDR IDAT IEND

So that's a PNG file embedded in a form of archive. I would probably
find as many ?PNG examples in there, as I would find textual identifiers
on sector boundaries at the beginning of the file.

Use your hex editor and walk through the file.
You'll figure it out.

When you start to see some 4CC codes, you'll need to find
a wiki article on the file format, so you can snip out a piece
that corresponds to something you can open in an image editor.

That's reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask about for a long
time, a better image editor, or viewer.

Maybe this doesn't apply here, but after I copy to the clipboard, I've
been using Eudora to store images. I just selected, copied, and pasted
a couple images from the html page above, and it worked fine. But it
doesn't seem like why Eudora was written, and there's no easy way to
save images from there. They just form one little portion of
outbox.mbx.

There is probably something in Word or Open Office that would also do
that, but I think of those as large programs that would use up my RAM

Is there a simple image viewer or editor I could be using for copying
images from webpages, viewing, and storing them?

Paul

Old January 13th 15, 04:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Paul

micky wrote:

[...]

Well sometimes, you can right-click an image, and select "Save As" and
save it. And the download dialog will have a record of the dialog.

In Firefox, you can go to the file menu, and Save as "Entire Web Page"
or similar. You end up with a single HTML file, plus a similarly
named folder, and the folder could end up containing all the image
files on display. The folder can even contain the CSS (style sheet)
with the font information used to code up the page, which is handy if
you're debugging a web page font format problem.

There are also tools of the "WebWhacker" persuasion, which hierarchically
capture a portion of a web site. That's like the Firefox Save As, but
on steroids. You have to be a little careful with tools like that,
as sometimes they download way too many bytes of (irrelevant) stuff.

So there's already a wealth of options just for the capture phase.

Tools like Irfanview can help with the picture viewing aspect,
but I don't know if Irfanview would open a web page. That's
what web browsers are for.

I didn't have any tool for .ipd, so I used my hex editor.
Just to see what was in there.

Paul

Old January 13th 15, 07:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Bill in Co

micky wrote:

[...]

Another option - IF you want to save (archive) the entire web page in one
single composite file - is to save it as a .MHT file, using the UnMHT add-on
for Firefox.

Old January 13th 15, 08:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
micky

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 22:29:43 -0500, Paul wrote:

I didn't have any tool for .ipd, so I used my hex editor.
Just to see what was in there.

Paul

I looked up .ipd files and the only thing I found on the first few hits
was that they're used by Blackberries!!

Does ipd stand for ipod?

[email protected] bcapsp General 0 May 18th 07 01:09 PM
Usb Enclosure unable to copy onto harddrive [email protected] Storage (alternative) 1 April 9th 06 07:08 AM
Usb Enclosure unable to copy onto harddrive [email protected] General 0 April 9th 06 05:36 AM
FS: PDA / PC Medical, Surgical...over 200 textbooks for your pda and pc ( All latest and very cheap). Ben UK Computer Vendors 4 October 16th 04 04:07 PM
Slow harddrive copy Jason General 5 September 23rd 03 12:25 PM