Partitions

Old June 13th 07, 07:51 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
njhilite

Default Partitions

I am not a comp-crack that's why I am searching for advice overhere.
I have two partitions on my disk under win2000 pro. At start up I
always have to choose, from which partition windows should continue.
Eventually, I had to install win2000 anew on the same hard drive,
since the other version got corrupted and is completely broken. It's
not even boot-able. How can I eliminate the old partition, so I don't
get into that menu everytime at start-up?

Thanks.

Old June 14th 07, 12:13 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

njhilite wrote:

I am not a comp-crack that's why I am searching for advice overhere.
I have two partitions on my disk under win2000 pro. At start up I
always have to choose, from which partition windows should continue.
Eventually, I had to install win2000 anew on the same hard drive,
since the other version got corrupted and is completely broken. It's
not even boot-able. How can I eliminate the old partition, so I don't
get into that menu everytime at start-up?

There's two separate issues here, the two
partitions, and the menu you get at boot time.

Its easy enough to delete the partition you dont want in Disk Management,
but if you just do that, you'll still get the menu.

You need to edit the boot.ini file to eliminate the entry
you dont want and have it default to just one boot item.
The format of boot.ini is pretty obvious, and its pretty
well documented on the web if it isnt obvious to you.

Hiding partitions [Or otherwise having partitions NOT appear in My Computer) Richard Storage (alternative) 3 February 9th 06 11:11 PM
P4C800-E Deluxe & Multipule W2K OS partitions, problems installing to 2nd & 3rd partitions? Tim Asus Motherboards 5 October 31st 05 06:41 AM
partitions JHI Storage (alternative) 10 June 10th 05 03:22 AM
Partitions [email protected] Overclocking 0 May 7th 04 07:33 PM
2 partitions in to one obiborn_kenobe Homebuilt PC's 3 January 28th 04 03:45 AM