overclocking on DFI

Old October 11th 05, 01:54 PM
Craig

Default overclocking on DFI

I've been overclocking for years and I've just moved from a ABIT 3rd eye to
a DFI SLI-D board and I'm having a few issues with over clocking, on the
Abit board I kranked the FSB upto 250, multi down to 9 and LDT to x4... all
was well, if I do that on the DFI it fails to post.

Any ideas... havent got the patience at the moment to go through every
setting as I want to play...

any one know of a guide for overclocking this board? it doenst help when
they change abreviations or names between generations

system is .. DFI SLI-D (latest release BIOS)
2 x Ballistix 4000 512Mb
2 x Ballistix Tracer 4000 512Mb
Xp64 3200
Gforce 6800GT
SndBlaster X-FI
2 X WD 200Gig HDD in RAID 0
Water cooling with 1 X 120mm RAD and 1 X 3x120mm RAD
PSU Tagan 530W
Idle temps approx 24'C

Old October 11th 05, 08:32 PM
TonyC

"Craig" wrote in message
[...]

Try http://www.dfi-street.com/

Tony

Old October 13th 05, 08:48 AM
Craig

thanks Tony,

exactly what I needed

Old October 13th 05, 08:57 PM
TonyC

thanks Tony,

exactly what I needed

You're welcome, I go there myself as a DFI user. Always looking for ways to
get more from my PC.

NF4 SLI-DR (623-3)
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (Venice LBBLE 0515FPBW) @ 10x270 1.5v
Akasa AK913 Evo33 (31c idle 38c load)
Antec P160 - Hiper Type R Modular 580w
2x512Mb Crucial Ballistix PC3200 @ 245Mhz 7-3-3-2.5 (2.8v Orange slots)
ATI Radeon X800XT 256Mb PCI-e 500/500 Cat5.10CP
WD Caviar SE WD2000JB 200Gb 7,200rpm 8Mb
WD Caviar SE WD1600JB 160Gb 7,200rpm 8Mb
Seagate 7200.7 ST3200822AS 200Gb 8Mb SATA
NEC 3540 DVD-RW
ViewSonic VX912 19" TFT @ 1280x1024x32