9600/9800 XT same price as PRO

Old October 3rd 03, 11:11 AM
Too_Much_Coffee ®

Default 9600/9800 XT same price as PRO

ATI has set the retail price of their new cards at $199 for the 9600XT and
$499 for the 9800XT. The same prices as the PRO versions. I would guess that
will drive the actual street price of the PRO cards down a bit. Unless of
course the dealers don't carry the XTs until their stock of PROs is gone.

9600 Pro -- 400/600 (Core/Memory)
9600 XT -- 500/600

9800 Pro -- 380/680 (128MB)
9800 Pro -- 380/700 (256MB)
9800 XT -- 412/730 (256MB) Faster ram chips or just OC'd?

If I just bought a 9600 PRO I'd be kicking myself about now.

Too_Much_Coffee ®

---
Got GigaNews?
http://www.giganews.com/customer/gn26215

Old October 3rd 03, 12:15 PM
Strontium

There appear to be different versions of each pro card (i.e. ultimate, and
128 vs. 256MB). A 256MB 9600pro can be had for $124 USD.
-
Too_Much_Coffee ® stood up at show-n-tell, in

--
Strontium

"If you get tired, of satellite flyers. And, fame, has let you down.
Under the wire. And, over the Moon, I'm around... When you gonna grow
up?" - Angie Aparo

Old October 3rd 03, 02:36 PM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Just bought a 9600 Pro and that will do me for atleast 3 years.

No realy reason to buy any of the cards mentioned.

They are just faster thats all.

Old October 3rd 03, 02:57 PM
Joe Hayes

Please. Most video cards are outdated in 6 months. As for being faster,
that's precisely the reason people buy them. Duh!

Old October 3rd 03, 02:57 PM
Paul Moloney

We Live For The One We Die For The One writes:

Just bought a 9600 Pro and that will do me for atleast 3 years.

No realy reason to buy any of the cards mentioned.

They are just faster thats all.

The bundled "Half-Life 2" makes it
even sweeter for those of us who
were specifically waiting to buy
a graphics card to play that game
when it comes out. I have a GF2 Ti
right now, and unless something
unforeseen happens in the next
few months, I think I'll be getting
a 9600 XT for Xmas....

P.
Paul Moloney, Technical Writer
http://www.paulmoloney.org Remove the obvious bit to email
Old October 3rd 03, 04:49 PM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Well their ****ing morons.

To atleast upgrade everytime the next one comes out.

its maybe if your lucky 25% faster.

Wait a few releases, and get maybe twice as fast.

Old October 3rd 03, 04:53 PM
spamtrap@localhost

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 01:50:02 +1000, We Live For The One We Die For The
One uttered the last bit of drivel I
will have to read:

Just download HL2 p2p ??

Everyone else will be.

*plonk*
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.
Old October 3rd 03, 05:13 PM
Paul Moloney

We Live For The One We Die For The One writes:

Just download HL2 p2p ??

Everyone else will be.

Not withstanding the legality/illegality
of doing so, I imagine that using a
duplicate product/serial key means you
would be kicked off multi-play servers.
Personally, having just seen the demo movie,
I think they've more than earned their
money.

Old October 3rd 03, 05:35 PM
James smyth

"Paul Moloney" wrote in message
We Live For The One We Die For The One writes:

Just download HL2 p2p ??

Everyone else will be.

Not withstanding the legality/illegality
of doing so, I imagine that using a
duplicate product/serial key means you
would be kicked off multi-play servers.
Personally, having just seen the demo movie,
I think they've more than earned their
money.

You won't be getting 'Online' mode anyway, it's a cut down single player Half Life
2 they're giving away.

AMD64 3500+(939) versus AMD64 3200+(939) Winchester Core Price Gap p00lb0y AMD x86-64 Processors 4 December 15th 04 02:25 PM
o/t best price dellboy Homebuilt PC's 5 September 22nd 04 07:24 PM
Marked difference in price between 2 UPS products? M Wells General 2 January 22nd 04 11:27 PM
Athlon 64 3200+ price drops today Wes Newell Overclocking AMD Processors 10 January 9th 04 12:49 AM
Athlon 64 - lower price than XP3200 ?! Alan Overclocking AMD Processors 3 September 26th 03 06:04 PM