Acer Aspire 3103 Broken Display

Old June 10th 07, 12:03 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Mapin

Default Acer Aspire 3103 Broken Display

I accidentaly stepped on my notebooks display and its not usable
anymore.

[image: http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2360/img0501rk4.jpg]

This is how it looks like now...

I thought about buying myself another broken 3103 laptop on ebay and
use it to replace the broken parts.
But I have no idea how to open the laptop and what exactly i would have
to do to replace ..." whatever is broken there".
Question1: Is this simple enough to do it by myself or will i rather
destroy the rest of the notebook
Question2: If it is possible could anybody give me something like a
"step by step" manual on how to do it?
Question3: Since it may be hard to find a broken 3103 ... are there any
other Acer Notebooks which may have the exactly same part in it that i
need to repair mine?

"Sorry for bad english, not my mothertongue "

Old June 10th 07, 05:24 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Bob Fay

"Mapin" wrote in message

I accidentaly stepped on my notebooks display and its not usable
anymore.

[image: http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2360/img0501rk4.jpg]

This is how it looks like now...

"Sorry for bad english, not my mothertongue "

Your English is excellent.

I think you would have a very hard time finding a broken notebook that would
have the exact parts you need to repair yours. If you did find one, you
could use it as a learning tool and systematically disassemble it while
documenting your work.
Your best action is to find a good deal on a used laptop and sell yours to
someone who is equipped to make such a repair. Good Luck! The image brings
tears to my eyes.

Old June 10th 07, 09:22 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Bob Fay

"Bob Fay" wrote in message
link.net...

"Mapin" wrote in message

I accidentaly stepped on my notebooks display and its not usable
anymore.

[image: http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2360/img0501rk4.jpg]

This is how it looks like now...

"Sorry for bad english, not my mothertongue "

Your English is excellent.

I think you would have a very hard time finding a broken notebook that
would have the exact parts you need to repair yours. If you did find one,
you could use it as a learning tool and systematically disassemble it
while documenting your work.
Your best action is to find a good deal on a used laptop and sell yours to
someone who is equipped to make such a repair. Good Luck! The image
brings tears to my eyes.

Here is a procedure that might help you decide what to do.
http://computershopper.com/howto/200..._laptop_screen

Old June 11th 07, 12:01 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
ctowers

Bob Fay wrote:
"Mapin" wrote in message

I accidentaly stepped on my notebooks display and its not usable
anymore.

[image: http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2360/img0501rk4.jpg]

This is how it looks like now...

"Sorry for bad english, not my mothertongue "

Your English is excellent.

I think you would have a very hard time finding a broken notebook
that would have the exact parts you need to repair yours. If you did
find one, you could use it as a learning tool and systematically
disassemble it while documenting your work.
Your best action is to find a good deal on a used laptop and sell
yours to someone who is equipped to make such a repair. Good Luck!
The image brings tears to my eyes.

There may also be damaged parts that cannot be detected by a visual
inspection.
--
_ct_