DirectCD 5 & WinXP

Old June 26th 03, 05:04 PM
Mochyn Brwnt :8(

Default DirectCD 5 & WinXP

Folks

I have just upgraded to Win XP Pro, and my system's telling me that the
driver for DirectCD is no good. I have been to Roxio site to look for an
update, but can't find it.. can someone point me in the right direction?

P.S. I downloaded the Easy CD Creator 5.3.5 updater, but it tell me that I
have no qualifeid product installed.

DirectCD came with my verison of WinOnCD.

Phil
Old June 26th 03, 08:21 PM
smh

"Mochyn Brwnt :8(" wrote:

Folks

I have just upgraded to Win XP Pro, and my system's telling me that the
driver for DirectCD is no good. I have been to Roxio site to look for an
update, but can't find it.. can someone point me in the right direction?

P.S. I downloaded the Easy CD Creator 5.3.5 updater, but it tell me that I
have no qualifeid product installed.

DirectCD came with my verison of WinOnCD.

Lucky that your system did not blow up:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Subject: Reading DCD in Win XP
Date: 9/7/01

XP's UDF reader is new, different and
incompatible with the standard ...

======================
From: Adrian Miller
Subject: Does DirectCD 5.02b work at all with WinXP?
Date: 10/29/01

The UDF support built into XP is violently incompatible
with DCD prior to 5.1

======================
From: Adrian Miller
Subject: direct cd and xp?
Date: 12/8/01

using any version of DCD prior to 5.1 on XP
is asking for serious trouble.
======================

Try CeQuadrat for updates.
Old June 27th 03, 04:40 PM
Tim Kroesen

Please note the *NEW* Abuse addy for SMH...

Be sure to mention this psychotic has been suspended from Usenet posting
many times; most recently from Giganews. As he may be just
circumventing abuse reports there, please continue to address them to
GIganews also until they state he is no longer a customer for TOS abuse.

;

Old June 28th 03, 05:10 AM
smh

"Mochyn Brwnt :8(" wrote:

I have just upgraded to Win XP Pro, and my system's telling me that the
driver for DirectCD is no good. I have been to Roxio site to look for an
update, but can't find it.. can someone point me in the right direction?

P.S. I downloaded the Easy CD Creator 5.3.5 updater, but it tell me that I
have no qualifeid product installed.

DirectCD came with my verison of WinOnCD.

You shouldn't be messing with DirectCD. Why? DirectCD is rejected even
by none other than a cRoxio Shill:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: 8/19/02

I have used only DCD for packet writing,
have had no problems due to the software -
but too many due to the format itself

to bother with it any longer.

=====================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: 6/17/02

uninstalled DCD
when I stopped testing for Roxio
=====================

The above Mikey's statement is the first ever case in which a Shill is
rejecting the very product IT is shilling for.

With a Shill like this, cRoxio doesn't need any critics!

--------------------------
cRoxio, Eat Your Heart Out !!!
--------------------------
Old June 28th 03, 07:50 AM
smh

"Mochyn Brwnt :8(" wrote:

I have just upgraded to Win XP Pro, and my system's telling me that the
driver for DirectCD is no good. I have been to Roxio site to look for an
update, but can't find it.. can someone point me in the right direction?

P.S. I downloaded the Easy CD Creator 5.3.5 updater, but it tell me that I
have no qualifeid product installed.

DirectCD came with my verison of WinOnCD.

Maybe try DirectCD 6 (aka Drag-to-Disc)?

Hit&Run Mikey has not yet responded to this:

================================
From: "BrianT"
Subject: Loosing Disk Space {formatting CDRW}
Date: 5/8/03

Mike Richter (Hit&Run) wrote...

BrianT wrote:

Hi this is strange, anyone else get this? or can explain it When I
re-format a CDRW with Drag to Disk Full Format {EasyCD 6}, the space
available after format drops by between 150 and 200 Mgs and I cannot
get it back. A full format on a new CDRW is OK. I have a LG
52x24x52x and use TDK or Packard Bell 10X CDRW. This never happened
with EasyCD 5.

The space you are losing is due to sectors found to be unreliable.
It's a good sign that the disc is developing errors and is ready for
the trash. You'll also find that formatting gets slower; it takes time
to retry verification and to mark the bad sectors.

If you insist on using fixed-length packets, you ask for that as well
as losing data.

Mmm, but if I format a brand new CDRW I get the full monty then if I
immediately re-format, quick or full, I loose 150Mg. Surly CDRW's don't
develop errors after 5 minutes?

Also from your statement "If you insist on using fixed-length packets,
you ask for that as well as losing data" are you suggesting that the
Drag and Drop part of Easy CD is unreliable and should not be used ?

If so why does Easy Cd 6 have this software and say how easy it is to
use. Now I am very puzzled.

Help? P4P800 Really slow bootup - a lot of HDD activity before WinXP is usable... William Cheng Homebuilt PC's 13 December 1st 04 08:26 PM
How do you install WinXP? JAD Homebuilt PC's 14 July 16th 04 04:33 AM
Installing WinXP problem? BobK General 1 June 2nd 04 02:23 AM
Scanner connection in WinXP? BobK General 5 May 30th 04 10:54 PM
Problems with WinXP and 2500+ Barton frequency Mitchua Homebuilt PC's 3 October 26th 03 07:33 PM