New XPX 9100 - Roxio Creator Music CD's Have An Odd Problem - All the music but only One Track!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 28th 11, 10:59 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Peter Greenstein

Default New XPX 9100 - Roxio Creator Music CD's Have An Odd Problem - All the music but only One Track!

I just got off the phone with Dell Tech Support who can hardly be bothered
with my problem.

For years I've used my Dell laptop to burn music cd's, either from mp3's or
..wav files and the discs play perfectly on all of my various CD players
around the house.

Now on my new Win 7 machine (well, bought last November), I started to burn
music cd's. I used Roxio Creator (and Winamp, too) create music cd's and the
strange result is that these discs have all the music, but none of the track
markers are accessible on regular CD players. My CD players indicate the
number of tracks but can't access any but the first track which then plays
the entire music program. The cd's play from start to finish with the timing
indicator passing right through the entire program as if it were all just
"Track 1."

I've never had such a problem with Roxio (or Winamp) on my Vista Dell
laptop.

About all Dell Tech Support could accomplish was to update the Firmware for
the DVD/CD burning drive but that didn't change anything. Complicating
matters is that Microsoft's Windows Media Player WILL burn music cd's
correctly. They play normally on all my CD players.

Dell suggested I re-install Roxio, but my system didn't come with any
program discs, I'd have to get that from Dell, right? Dell Tech Supported
wanted to hand me over to Dell's Software Solutions, which will charge a fee
for any help.

Has anybody ever heard of such an odd situation?

Does anybody have any suggetions?

peter