A7V600 Network Controller problem

Old December 16th 03, 07:59 AM
L'acrobat

Default A7V600 Network Controller problem

Under WinXP, In device manager under 'other devices' I have listed a
'Network Controller' with a yellow question mark beside it.

My onboard network adapter is lested under network adapters and works fine.

Any ideas what the extra 'Network Adapter' is?

Old December 16th 03, 08:01 AM
L'acrobat

My onboard network adapter is listed under network adapters and works fine.

oops, Typo in the original post.

Old December 16th 03, 10:19 AM
Harry

Doesnt the A7V600 comes with a LAN 3Com 3C940 1000 Mbps Ethernet
controller

Unless you are connecting up PCs in a LAN then ignore it. You can
disable it in the BIOS too if you need/want to.

HTH

Harry

Old December 16th 03, 10:25 AM
Paul

wrote:

Under WinXP, In device manager under 'other devices' I have listed a
'Network Controller' with a yellow question mark beside it.

My onboard network adapter is lested under network adapters and works fine.

Any ideas what the extra 'Network Adapter' is?

Only other thing I have listed under Network Adapters in WinXP Pro is
"1394 Net Adapter" which is the Firewire on my Audigy 2 card.
Sorry can't be of more help,
Ed

You can network two computers with Firewire. They need a proper GUID
in the BIOS to work, and sometimes the GUID gets fried when the BIOS
is flashed. I have no idea if that is your problem or not.

For more trivia on GUID, try a search he

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/search.php
http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/view...highlight=guid

HTH,
Paul
Old December 16th 03, 10:37 AM
David P. Greer

L'acrobat wrote:
Under WinXP, In device manager under 'other devices' I have listed a
'Network Controller' with a yellow question mark beside it.

My onboard network adapter is lested under network adapters and works fine.

Any ideas what the extra 'Network Adapter' is?

The A7V600 has a "WiFi" slot for a proprietary Asus wireless device.
Could that be the device you're seeing? Are the drivers for the WiFi
slot installed?

Just a guess, since there don't seem to be any other devices that would
be seen as a network controller.

Old December 16th 03, 10:51 AM
L'acrobat

"L'acrobat" wrote in message
My onboard network adapter is listed under network adapters and works

fine.

oops, Typo in the original post.

Thanks everyone for the fast responses, but as is always the way within a
couple of hours of posting the question I have found the answer -

it's one of the USB settings in the BIOS that causes it. Advanced Menu - I/O
Device Configuration - USB Device Mode. Set it to Disabled and the extra
'Network Controller' is gone.

No idea why, but its fixed.