I give up on NERO 6 & InCD

Old October 5th 03, 03:57 AM
David Carmichael

Default I give up on NERO 6 & InCD

First I need a "White Hat Hacker" that can tell me what files get
changed and how to return a XP computer back to its original
settings to allow for direct drag-n-drop to CD-RW media....

Everything was working just fine on my system using Nero 5.x.x.x
{What ever the last releases version number was} with
WindowsXP-Home.

Downloaded and installed a early demo version of NERO 6...

Then things went crazy..
Nero-6 would not see the CD/DVD-R/RW media in my drive!!

So Thinking that I had a bad install uninstalled NERO-6

When I rebooted.. I had loss both of my DVD-RW/ROM drives from
'MY COMPUTER' settings...
[_NEC ND-1100A DVD+RW & Samsung DVD ROM SD-616F]
Went to the MS-Knowledge web site and followed the fixes on the
site and was able to return the DVD drives to my system...
_BUT_
I had loss the 'Drag-N'-Drop' feature of "XP"!!

So tried reinstalling NERO-6+InCD (now a newer version than my
first try)

Now at least NERO-6 does burn to media correctly...
_BUT_
I can not get InCD to format a disc... every disc that I try
crashes with an error when the status bar reached about 50%

The only thing that 'Ahead/Nero' support tells me to do is to
reinstall my operating system!! ..... Which to me {and no
telling how many others..] is not an option because XP was
preinstalled on the computer and do not have any install discs to
allow for reinstall of the operating system........

_H_E_L_P__!!_!!_

I have tried the 'XP' system restore and it did not help!!

Maybe the following will help track down why InCD is not working
on my system...
Using Nero's InfoTool version 2.0.0.x I am able to access system
info.
Using Nero's InfoTool version 2.0.4.x I am unable to access
system info, and the utility crashed with a MFC error.

--David

Old October 5th 03, 08:12 AM
Harshmage

I gave up on InCD a long time ago. But I'm using a DVD burner (looks
like the same model you've got) and Nero 6, and everything is going
fine so far. The drag and drop "feature" in XP is just crap for me.
At my college, the XP system drag'n'drop will only recognize disks at
650 instead of 700. ****es me off. You're better off just using Nero
6 without the InCD in my opinion.
But if someone knows how to help you, by all means, have at it! Good
luck!

-Harshmage-

Old October 5th 03, 10:38 AM
Acid_Rain

In any case or system file corruption you will still need original files
from XP cd and I think you are sort of out of luck if you OS system files
got corrupted....

I would never install INCD or direct cd if I have windows xp and its native
packet writing which I like the most....

m...

Old October 5th 03, 11:35 AM
Jon

two words: 'System restore'

Jon

Old October 5th 03, 11:39 AM
David Carmichael

You want to tell 'HP', 'Gateway', 'Dell' and others to ship a CD
with their new XP systems.....

--David

Old October 5th 03, 11:40 AM
David Carmichael

Did you not wee what I had tried 'System Restore and it did not
fix the error??????

--David

Old October 5th 03, 02:00 PM
CAM

wrote:

[...]

If you have another packerwriting program on your pc then this will
interfere with incd and stop working.

I've found all packetwriting program sto be crap. Its better to burn
it uisng nero 5.5 then when you need to copy or over write then erase
the disc and start over.

Until they bring out a packetwriting package thta actually works I'll
only use nero and the erase option. Packetwriting is only good for
cdrw media.

Old October 5th 03, 02:35 PM
Alex Nichol

David Carmichael wrote:

First I need a "White Hat Hacker" that can tell me what files get
changed and how to return a XP computer back to its original
settings to allow for direct drag-n-drop to CD-RW media....

First note that the inbuilt XP burning is *not* a 'drag and drop to
CD-RW' which implies a packet writing system. It stashes up batches
of files in a holding area of hard disk, to write them later in a
batch as an ISO session. Fine as long as you know.

To get rid of the other packages, use Add/Remove Programs (or their
own Uninstall provision) to uninstall them, then the registry will
probably have hanging references: To tidy up, get a registry patch
file, cdgone.reg, from www.aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip, extract it,
r-click on it and merge it into the registry

Then in My Computer, right click the drive, Properties, and check the
'Enable' box of he Recording page

Bournemouth, U.K.
Old October 5th 03, 04:38 PM
Xmfard

It's for reasons like this I install GoBack on all of my machines...
even if something goes during any install, or upgrade you can go back to the
way things were before you started. It will rstore everything even the
system registry!!!

I also use ghost once a week to clone my drive to another drive...

Old October 5th 03, 05:23 PM
Tim Kroesen

Actually Packet writing is 'better' on CDR media; quicker format and the
data is more retrievable (Variable length packets) if there is some
sort of disc failure... So if you must...

Tim K

news