InCD with Nero 6 demoversion? And do I really need it?

Old August 23rd 03, 10:20 PM
Bill Sharpe

Default InCD with Nero 6 demoversion? And do I really need it?

I downloaded the three packages making up the Nero 6 demoversion. I
installed each package to get the suite of programs, but there's no InCD
available.

I left a message with Ahead last week about this problem and the lack of
help system files. They replied yesterday and said InCD was part of package
3. I couldn't find it there at all. InCD isn't mentioned as being part of
any of the packages at the Ahead web site. The help files come with the
language pack and I have installed them.

Has anyone else run into this InCD problem? Some messages in this newsgroup
indicate that formatting CD-RW disks is a flaky operation at best. Should I
forget about trying to format CD-RW's?

I am using Windows XP on an HP Pavillion desktop.

Bill

Old August 23rd 03, 10:58 PM
Rick

"Bill Sharpe" wrote in message
et...
I downloaded the three packages making up the Nero 6 demoversion. I
installed each package to get the suite of programs, but there's no InCD
available.

I left a message with Ahead last week about this problem and the lack of
help system files. They replied yesterday and said InCD was part of

package
3. I couldn't find it there at all. InCD isn't mentioned as being part of
any of the packages at the Ahead web site. The help files come with the
language pack and I have installed them.

Has anyone else run into this InCD problem? Some messages in this

newsgroup
indicate that formatting CD-RW disks is a flaky operation at best. Should

forget about trying to format CD-RW's?

I am using Windows XP on an HP Pavillion desktop.

Bill

Try their FTP site ftp://ftp6.nero.com/

Old August 23rd 03, 11:15 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
( Reduced to living off the trash? )
( ... my thanks to Tim ... )

Bill Sharpe wrote:

Has anyone else run into this InCD problem? Some messages in this newsgroup
indicate that formatting CD-RW disks is a flaky operation at best. Should I
forget about trying to format CD-RW's?

Some in these cdr groups swear by the following:

"cd-rw is less reliable than cd-r, thus cd-rw is unreliable"
"cd-rw is the least reliable media, thus cd-rw is unreliable"

"Packet writing is less reliable than mastering,
thus packet writing is unreliable"

"Packet writing is the least reliable format,
thus packet writing is unreliable"

"DirectCD bugs translate into the faults of packet writing"
"DirectCD bugs translate into unreliability of cd-rw media"

Notes:
------
DirectCD does not conform to the UDF standard.
DirectCD does not set the UDF standard.
DirectCD is not the UDF standard.

Incompatibility with DCD does not translate that other packet writers
have bugs or do not conform to the UDF standard.

Old August 23rd 03, 11:16 PM
smh

Bill Sharpe wrote:

Has anyone else run into this InCD problem? Some messages in this newsgroup
indicate that formatting CD-RW disks is a flaky operation at best. Should I
forget about trying to format CD-RW's?

When it's good for even BACKUP, of all things?

From: smh
Subject: Can't find any quality CD-RWs
Date: 8/7/03

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

Where does everyone buy their CD-RWs at?

Virtually no one does. Reliability and durability of erasable media are
abominable. Why buy media that do not record well to begin with, then
lose whatever information is on them?

What a yarn you spin, Mikey!

The supposedly flaky, fragile, forgetful, unreliable cd-rw media was
good enough for BACKUP, of all things, even when combined with
supposedly flaky, fragile, faulty, unreliable fixed-length packet format
-- according to none other than yourself, Mikey:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Subject: A note on Take Two
Date: 9/1/99

You may back up ...to a DCD-formatted erasable.
=====================

Old August 23rd 03, 11:26 PM
Music4U2

Right Click on your CD drive and choose properties.
JohnC

Old August 24th 03, 12:26 AM
Bill Sharpe

"Rick" wrote in message

[...]

The InCD EXE file at the ftp site will install only if I have a registered
copy of Nero 6. I probably will buy the program and install the file then.
The demoversion runs until August 31. Thanks.

Bill

Old August 24th 03, 12:31 AM
Bill Sharpe

"Music4U2" wrote in message

Right Click on your CD drive and choose properties.
JohnC

There's nothing about InCD on the properties sheet that comes up when I do
that.

Bill

Old August 24th 03, 01:55 AM
smh

--------------------------------------

Bill Sharpe wrote:

Has anyone else run into this InCD problem? Some messages in this newsgroup
indicate that formatting CD-RW disks is a flaky operation at best. Should I
forget about trying to format CD-RW's?

Perhaps you are talking about this:

=====================================
Mike Richter & "Lethal for archiving"
=====================================

( The following applies only to )
( DirectCD and Drag-to-Disc )

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Subject: File Integrity Errors - DirectCD Bug?
Date: 10/15/01

Combining the flaky UDF fixed-length packets with
the tendency of erasables (particularly HS) to forget
is LETHAL for archiving.

Mikey posted the above when the reports of DirectCD bugs were pouring
in.

But when Mikey was shilling for Take Two, a supposedly a backup
software, as the Second Coming:

From: Mike Richter (Acraptec Shill)
Date: 9/1/99