emachine....opinion

Old September 28th 03, 04:59 AM
Quirkydude

Default emachine....opinion

Any opinions on this emachine setup? I don't know alot about
them...just wanting something resonably priced with around 512 mb
memory and decent hard drive space....and a good up to date
processor....any thoughts, please??

BOM for : W2785
Part Category Description Part Number
HDD: HDD, 80GB 5400rpm
CPU Fan Type: Fan ,58*68.3*80mm 947
Speaker: SPEAKER, SP-30A (AMPLIFIED)
ODD1: DVD NEXGEN 16X 2510
Mouse: MOUSE, SILVER WHEEL 1689
CPU: CPU, ATHLON XP 2700 462P 333FSB
Modem: MODEM, V.92 56K 1759
Memory: MEM, DDR-RAM 512MB PC2700 (Max. 2GB) 512DDR2700
CHASSIS: CHASSIS, NEXGEN-2 MAIN CHASSIS FRAME
Power Supply: PS, 250 WATT 1763
OS: RCD, eMachines W2785
FDD Model: FDD, D353M3D 2151
Video: Video, Integrated
FDD Button: BUTTON, FDD NEXGEN 2 BLK (FDD 2151-FIC)
Keyboard Model: KB, PREMIUM BLACK KB-0108,PS/2 PORT
ODD2: DVD-DUAL Nexgen2 (16x10x40x+4x2.4x12x)
LAN: LAN, 10/100 Integrated
MB: MB, AM39L/1.0 462P
Old September 28th 03, 05:25 AM
Norm

For an off the shelf computer I think they do about well as any cheap Compaq
or HP would do. I have 4 relatives that own emachines, some for over 4
years and none have had any problems with them. I personally wouldn't buy
one but that's because I prefer to tinker and build my own. With their
Celeron's starting at $389 with rebates, I can't come close to putting one
together for that price.

om...