Packard Bell case_ looking for information

Old February 15th 08, 11:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts

Default Packard Bell case_ looking for information

Hi Gang !

I am pretty sure I have asked this question before, but I'm looking for a
definitive answer.

I have been searching for years now for a Packard Bell computer. I *thought*
I remember Packard Bell, around 1994, 1995, or 1996 making 486 or Pentium
60/66Mhz computers with the "Art Deco" case style.

Just to be clear, click on this link, and scroll down to the bottom. Click
on the Packard Bell Art Deco case, and you will see the EXACT case style I'm
describing.

http://home.fuse.net/bobwatts/packardbellcorner.htm

HAS ANYONE EVER seen a Packard Bell 486 or Pentium 60 ( from the factory )
using that case style?

If you have, or can offer empirical evidence, I would appreciate knowing.
It's beginning to look like I'm going to have to call off the search.

Thanks !

bobwatts

--
boBWatts®©
EartH

Old February 16th 08, 11:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
arfer

Location: UK

On Feb 15, 11:17*am, "Robert E. Watts" wrote:
[...]

hi gang i have one of them their computers when i purchased mine
1995 it was a P75 with 16 meg ram
iit has worked faultlesly and still plods along it lives in darkness
most of the time now as moden stuff
wont run very will on it still has all original parts as i remember i
up graded to a p100 and chucked another 16meg ram in i also use to bun
cd's on it lol the only thing missisng is the monitor died 18
mths after purchase i have most of the instalation discs etc it runs
very quiet i get it out of the cupboard ever 3 mths or so just to
make sure it still runs ok
Old February 16th 08, 11:48 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts

Hi "arfer" !

Nope. Not what I'm looking for.

Just the 486 or Pentium 60/66MHz version *in this case style*.

I have at least 10 Pentium 75-233MHz machines with this case, two Corner
units, some with the wide bottom case, some desktop cases ( two are Pentium
60 ) 1 Milano case, 1 super small desktop case, 1 newer clone looking thing,
and 1 later ugly Packard Bell thing.

BUT NO 486 or Pentium 60/66MHz with that case !

bob

Old February 16th 08, 02:09 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
philo

"Robert E. Watts" wrote in message
Hi "arfer" !

Nope. Not what I'm looking for.

Just the 486 or Pentium 60/66MHz version *in this case style*.

I have at least 10 Pentium 75-233MHz machines with this case, two Corner
units, some with the wide bottom case, some desktop cases ( two are

Pentium
60 ) 1 Milano case, 1 super small desktop case, 1 newer clone looking

thing,
and 1 later ugly Packard Bell thing.

BUT NO 486 or Pentium 60/66MHz with that case !

bob

I've worked on quite a few of them...but don't recall ever seeing one that
was a 486.
Decided to keep one for my collection though. A 233 mhz

I recall that one of the machines I worked on had a bios password
and I had a heck of a time figuring where the jumper was .
It was one of those machines that would hold the bios password.
even if the cmos battery was removed and allowed to sit overnight.

Of course, just because I've never seen one that was a 486 hardly means
anything.
I am going to have to see if I can find one of my Packard Bell website book
marks

Old February 16th 08, 11:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
philo

"philo" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Here is a link to an old PB commercial !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpcjt0F-frQ

Old February 17th 08, 12:09 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts

Hi philo !

Yeah, that is a great commercial. Bill sent me a link about a month ago.
After seeing it, I actually remembered watching it when it was "new", on TV
!

bob

"philo" wrote in message

Here is a link to an old PB commercial !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpcjt0F-frQ

Packard Bell and the CR-563-B Robert E. Watts Packard Bell Computers 0 June 4th 07 12:29 AM
Packard Bell 955 Rick Packard Bell Computers 2 February 12th 04 09:51 PM
Old Packard Bell rex downer Homebuilt PC's 3 December 8th 03 03:19 PM
Old Packard Bell rex downer Packard Bell Computers 3 December 8th 03 03:19 PM
Packard Bell Joshua Klehm General 2 June 23rd 03 05:57 PM