PB 600 mobo bios update

Old July 9th 03, 03:22 PM
l1el

Default PB 600 mobo bios update

I have a Legend 3550 PB600 mb and need a bios update from the Agoura 1.17
bios in it now. I cannot install any pci card as i get resource conflicts. I
tried those fixes from Ray's site and they don't work. Can't seem to find a
newer bios to use, not listed at PB Europe that i can see. Also, i put a non
mmx 166 cpu in, set the jumper to 133 and its running fine. Is that ok to
do? It had a 100 in there. Ray's site's pretty good, btw. Thanks

Old July 9th 03, 05:53 PM
Elector

"l1el" wrote in message
I have a Legend 3550 PB600 mb and need a bios update from the Agoura 1.17
bios in it now. I cannot install any pci card as i get resource conflicts.

tried those fixes from Ray's site and they don't work. Can't seem to find

newer bios to use, not listed at PB Europe that i can see. Also, i put a

non
mmx 166 cpu in, set the jumper to 133 and its running fine. Is that ok to
do? It had a 100 in there. Ray's site's pretty good, btw. Thanks

I think your news service is burping the posts. I remember seeing this
earlier? Metronid I believe stated he was sending the update via your email
address.

Elector

Old July 9th 03, 07:09 PM
metronid

There is an updated bios agoura 1.20
I will send it by Email
Theoretically speaking yes you can use a 166
if set ito 133

Check your email for bios

Old July 10th 03, 05:04 AM
Ben Myers

According to Ray's site, the PB600 board does not have a setting to clear CMOS.
Possibly the BIOS does. If so, clear the CMOS to see if that would eliminate
any resource conflicts.

What kind of Ethernet card are you trying to install? Both Intel and 3COM PCI
Ethernet cards have utility software to set them up to run on a specific
motherboard configuration. Other brands of network cards may not provide this
sort of utility software. Needless to say, I stick with Intel and 3COM for all
the 10/100 Ethernet work I do... Ben Myers

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 21:39:44 -0400, "l1el" wrote:

No, i only sent this once. There are similiar topics above though. Metronid
did respond directly to my e-mail. Been trying to find out why the
motherboard is reporting "resource conflicts" even with an empty hard drive.
The fixes at Ray's site doesn't cover the problem i guess. Bios is updated
to 1.20 for the PB 600 board. Maybe 98 First Edition might help. Thanks
again, Metronid..i didn't get right back to you because installing the
ethernet drivers in 95 froze up windows to the point where i had to
re-install. - L

Old July 10th 03, 06:01 AM
l1el

There is an option to "reset the configuration data", i don't know if that's
the same. There's also a jumper on the board that say's cmos. I've been
trying Linksys TX 100, Siemen's Speedstream(recent purchase), and Netgear
Fa311?. Thanks.

Old July 10th 03, 01:34 PM
Ben Myers

"Reset configuration data" resets the Plug-and-Play information kept in a
reserved area of the motherboard's flash BIOS chip. Resetting the CMOS clears
the data directly visible in the BIOS setup screen. They are very different.
With PCI, IRQ, port and other resource conflicts detected by the BIOS, it is
best to reset configuration data first, then BIOS CMOS data. The side-effect of
resetting either is that most versions of Windows will go through detection and
reinstallation of device drivers the next time the system boots up.

Linksys TX 100, Siemen's Speedstream, and Netgear Fa311 are all inexpensive
Ethernet cards intended for the home user. Nothing wrong with any of them as
long as they work. But I'll stick with my 3COMs and Intels... Ben Myers