heat sink paste injector on processor lga 775 with mainboard p5ad2 premium

Old November 29th 04, 11:51 PM
francoi

Default heat sink paste injector on processor lga 775 with mainboard p5ad2 premium

hi

i have buy this mainboard , p5ad2 premium with processor intel 540 lga
775 with cooler gigabyte 3D Rocket Cooler GH-PCU22-SE

i would like to know if it really necessary to use Heat sink paste
Injector on intel processor with socket 775
In this url u say not , use it only with socket 478 !
http://america.giga-byte.com/DeskTop...pcu22-se_m.pdf
page 10 # page 11

thx for help me and excuses for my very bad english

Old November 30th 04, 04:10 AM
Paul

In article , id wrote:

hi

i have buy this mainboard , p5ad2 premium with processor intel 540 lga
775 with cooler gigabyte 3D Rocket Cooler GH-PCU22-SE

i would like to know if it really necessary to use Heat sink paste
Injector on intel processor with socket 775
In this url u say not , use it only with socket 478 !
http://america.giga-byte.com/DeskTop...pcu22-se_m.pdf
page 10 # page 11

thx for help me and excuses for my very bad english

It could be the danger of contaminating the pins with the
paste. You are not even supposed to get the grease
from your fingers on the pins, so thermal grease/paste
would also be ruled out.

Thermal grease/paste are not mentioned here. This is a
10MB download! I believe this document was created by
Intel.

http://www.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/7...stallation.pdf

The manual for the Zalman 7700 does mention using thermal grease.

http://www.zalman.co.kr/Upload/product/7700_eng.PDF

This Swiftech installation guide also uses thermal grease.
They use Arctic Ceramique.

http://swiftnets.com/products/instal...e_MCX775-v.pdf

I guess you will have to use your own judgement, as to whether
there is a chance the grease will fall down onto the pins.
Maybe if you apply a dot of grease to the very center of the
processor, it won't spread all the way to the edges ? Don't
spread it with a credit card, but let the compressive force
of the heatsink to spread it out. If you don't let the grease
get near the edge of the processor, maybe you can prevent it
from getting on the pins ? Most of the heat will be in the
very center of the heat spreader.

Paul
Old November 30th 04, 10:12 AM
francois

Paul a exposé le 30/11/2004 :

hi paul

thx for ur answers

u think that it better ? =

http://www.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/7...stallation.pdf

u know a newsgroups for users intel ???

tia

Old November 30th 04, 11:59 AM
Paul

In article , id wrote:

Paul a exposé le 30/11/2004 :

hi paul

thx for ur answers

u think that it better ? =

http://www.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/7...stallation.pdf

u know a newsgroups for users intel ???

tia

Don't waste download time on this one. The same information
is stored in the file twice, meaning 5MB of this download
is totally unnecessary!

http://www.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/7...stallation.pdf

The file is the same one as provided by Intel, and should have
been shortened by Asus a bit.

ftp://download.intel.com/support/pro...install775.pdf

u know a newsgroups for users intel ???

Do you mean comp.sys.intel ?

Paul

heat pad or heat sink compound? Larry Gagnon Overclocking AMD Processors 1 November 16th 03 07:38 PM
Opteron Overclocking? Adrian Richards Overclocking AMD Processors 9 October 5th 03 03:20 PM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan General 35 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan Overclocking 37 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan Homebuilt PC's 35 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM