Laserjet 2100 - Print Density

Old August 24th 09, 01:14 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jon Danniken[_2_]

Default Laserjet 2100 - Print Density

HP, for some reason no sane man can determine, decided not to offer print
density as an option in the downloadable drivers for the HP Laserjet 2100
printer when using WindowsXP (as if XP users need any more trouble in their
lives).

There is an old GoogleAnswers page up for this problem, which involves using
DOS and LPT, but for those of us who connect to the printer via USB, it is
not applicable.

The solution to this problem can be found, however, with a small app called
"ljconfig", available from the following location:

http://www.victechsoftware.com/ljconfig.html

Also available from some other freeware/shareware sites.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation to victechsoftware nor to ljconfig; I am
an owner of a LJ2100, who has been trying to find a solution to this problem
for a few years now, and I just stumbled upon this solution.

Jon