PCI/USB card Manuf. & Model??

Old December 22nd 07, 10:27 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Paul[_6_]

Default PCI/USB card Manuf. & Model??

I gave my daughter my old Dim. 8100 a few months back and it seems the PCI
card with 2 additional USB ports isn't working, letting XP try and find the
drivers was unsuccessful and for the life of me I cannot remember what brand
or model it was, Device Manager says there's no conflicts with it a "working
properly" but it is not.. Is there any way program that can do a hardware
search and tell me the make and model of this PCI card??

Old December 22nd 07, 11:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

Rather than the make and model, it is a lot easier to simply remover the card
and identify the large chip which is the heart of the card. From there, you
can find drivers to match the chip.

But if you are sure that the card is definitely not working, you can replace it
with most any card with USB 2.0 ports. They are inexpensive... Ben Myers