Guide+ updated last week.

Old August 9th 06, 06:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Gordon Scott

Default Guide+ updated last week.

my version 1.0.0.33 was updated to .55 I think it was.
Old August 11th 06, 09:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
randy

Gordon Scott wrote:
my version 1.0.0.33 was updated to .55 I think it was.

Don't know the numbers but it fixed the record problem,
I was having.

Does anyone know where it's (the upgrade) at on the hard drive?

Would like to save it.

randy

Old August 11th 06, 11:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Tom Lake

"Gordon Scott" wrote in message
my version 1.0.0.33 was updated to .55 I think it was.

I have 1.0.0.54 and the Update Wizard didn't find anything new. Is there
any other way to update?

Tom Lake

Old August 11th 06, 07:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Gordon Scott

Gordon Scott wrote:

my version 1.0.0.33 was updated to .55 I think it was.

All I know is that this update corrected the tv not being seen in the
guide+ window.
Previously (with this mmc install)I couldnt get the tv into that little
left hand window, in the listings area.

Gordon
Old August 11th 06, 09:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Tom Lake

Gordon Scott wrote:

my version 1.0.0.33 was updated to .55 I think it was.

All I know is that this update corrected the tv not being seen in the
guide+ window.
Previously (with this mmc install)I couldnt get the tv into that little
left hand window, in the listings area.

Gordon

..54 corrected that problem for me. What version do you actually have now?

Tom Lake

Old August 20th 06, 09:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Gordon Scott

Gordon Scott wrote:

my version 1.0.0.33 was updated to .55 I think it was.

All I know is that this update corrected the tv not being seen in the
guide+ window.
Previously (with this mmc install)I couldnt get the tv into that little
left hand window, in the listings area.

Gordon

.54 corrected that problem for me. What version do you actually have now?

Tom Lake

I have 1.0.0.54 on mmc 9.13 on a aiw x800xt
and 1.0.0.44 on mmc 9.02 (which wont update guide+ unless I update mmc)on
an 8500DV

Gordon
Old August 26th 06, 11:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
gary

Gordon, what version of CAT are you using with your MMC
9.13? Is it 6.1? Is there some reason why you haven't
updated to MMC 9.14? I'm still hoping for an updated MMC
that will let you watch TV in a window WITHOUT recording to
the hard drive automatically. I want the OPTION for Record
on Demand, where you click a button to record, like I'm
getting now with MMC 9.03 on my X800XT.
Thanks.

Gary
============

Old August 27th 06, 09:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Gordon Scott

Gordon Scott wrote:

my version 1.0.0.33 was updated to .55 I think it was.

All I know is that this update corrected the tv not being seen in the
guide+ window.
Previously (with this mmc install)I couldnt get the tv into that little
left hand window, in the listings area.

Gordon

.54 corrected that problem for me. What version do you actually have now?

Tom Lake

I use omega's drivers. This x800xt machine is a gaming/video rig. MMC has
always been a problem I hate it, I ONLY use the version that works best
for the things I want, upgrading MMC is a pain in the ass and I dont like
to take the chance that if something ****s up (like it usually does) I
might have to spend a day fixing it. I'm using omega 2.8.231 or cat 6.03.

I tweaked the registry with the value found in a thread here about
turning off the tv on demand auto recording, is that what your looking
for?
Gordon
Old September 1st 06, 04:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
gary

Gordon, thanks for the reply. When I start the TV program
using MMC 9.03, there is a TV-ON-DEMAND button on the
console below the TV. It DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY start to
record to the hard drive when you watch TV. You have to
CLICK the button for it to START/STOP recording.

The newer versions of MMC, from what I understand, DO NOT
give you this option. They will AUTOMATICALLY start
recording to the hard drive, ANY and EVERY TIME you start
the TV (i.e., watching TV in a window while you work, etc.).
Then you have to open Windows Explorer, and find all those
little clips that were recorded, but you don't want, just
because you wanted to watch a little TV while you worked, or
just wanted to check something quick on TV, like the weather
or the news.

I heard ATI was working on a version of MMC that would
RESTORE the TV-ON-DEMAND button, and have it work like it
does with version 9.03.

My question was, does the very latest version of MMC ALWAYS
RECORD on hard drive when you start the TV, or does it give
you the option, like MMC 9.03, where you click the
TV-ON-DEMAND button to record? Thanks.

Gary
==============

Old September 8th 06, 06:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Gordon Scott

gary wrote:

Gordon, what version of CAT are you using with your MMC
9.13? Is it 6.1? Is there some reason why you haven't
updated to MMC 9.14? I'm still hoping for an updated MMC
that will let you watch TV in a window WITHOUT recording to
the hard drive automatically. I want the OPTION for Record
on Demand, where you click a button to record, like I'm
getting now with MMC 9.03 on my X800XT.
Thanks.

well i dont use the very last version I'm using 9.13 and as i mentioned,
use the registry tweak to disable the auto record.