Interchangeable Ink Cartridges??

Old February 19th 06, 02:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Interchangeable Ink Cartridges??

I have an HP 1510v (All in one), and was shopping for new ink cartridges
(92,black and 93 tri-color).The store (Sam's) didn't have either one... I
was told by the clerk that HP puts out a chart showing cartridges that can
be substituted.. When looking for the 92 & the 93, it said "92 or 98, and
93 or 95", the 98s and 95s, are also a larger capacity than the 5ml. Price
wise the 95,and 98 would be a hell of a better deal..
Would like to buy them but am a little concerned if they really would work..
Any advise would be appreciated..
Thanks
Barry/Austin

Old February 19th 06, 04:18 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"Barry" wrote in message
I have an HP 1510v (All in one), and was shopping for new ink
cartridges (92,black and 93 tri-color).The store (Sam's) didn't have
either one... I was told by the clerk that HP puts out a chart showing
cartridges that can be substituted.. When looking for the 92 & the 93,
it said "92 or 98, and 93 or 95", the 98s and 95s, are also a larger
capacity than the 5ml. Price wise the 95,and 98 would be a hell of a
better deal..
Would like to buy them but am a little concerned if they really would
work.. Any advise would be appreciated..

The HP web site does not list the 95/98 as compatible with the
Photosmart 1510V. Some printer that take the 95/98 may accept the 92/93
but the converse is generally not true.

The above applies in the US. Users should check their manual for the
proper cartridges for their region.

Regards,
Bob Headrick

Old February 20th 06, 06:32 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"Barry" wrote in message
I have an HP 1510v (All in one), and was shopping for new ink cartridges
(92,black and 93 tri-color).The store (Sam's) didn't have either one... I
was told by the clerk that HP puts out a chart showing cartridges that can
be substituted.. When looking for the 92 & the 93, it said "92 or 98,

and
93 or 95", the 98s and 95s, are also a larger capacity than the 5ml. Price
wise the 95,and 98 would be a hell of a better deal..

Yes for sure. Some printer makers produce two or more carts for the same
printer. One is sometimes called "light use" and only contains half the ink
of the "high-capacity" standard cart - but it costs more than half the
price. When you buy a new printer it's usually supplied with a free cart -
you can bet which one it is! Always buy the larger capacity carts. The
light use ones are a false economy for most people but do check the prices
as sometimes there are deals around.

According to the manual here...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/m...t=428804&lc=en

the HP 1510v can use...

HP black inkjet print cartridge
#336 black print cartridge
#338 high-capacity black print cartridge

HP tri-color inkjet print cartridge
#342 color print cartridge
#343 high-capacity color print cartridge

HP photo inkjet print cartridge

#348 color photo print cartridge

Old February 20th 06, 07:25 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

CWatters wrote:

"Barry" wrote in message
. ..

I have an HP 1510v (All in one), and was shopping for new ink cartridges
(92,black and 93 tri-color).The store (Sam's) didn't have either one... I
was told by the clerk that HP puts out a chart showing cartridges that can
be substituted.. When looking for the 92 & the 93, it said "92 or 98,

and

93 or 95", the 98s and 95s, are also a larger capacity than the 5ml. Price
wise the 95,and 98 would be a hell of a better deal..

Yes for sure. Some printer makers produce two or more carts for the same
printer. One is sometimes called "light use" and only contains half the ink
of the "high-capacity" standard cart - but it costs more than half the
price. When you buy a new printer it's usually supplied with a free cart -
you can bet which one it is!

CANON USED ONE SIZE CART

#336 black print cartridge
#338 high-capacity black print cartridge

HP tri-color inkjet print cartridge
#342 color print cartridge
#343 high-capacity color print cartridge

HP photo inkjet print cartridge

#348 color photo print cartridge

Old February 21st 06, 06:42 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

#336 black print cartridge
#338 high-capacity black print cartridge

That may be true in the UK, it is not true elsewhere. Users should
check the documentation for thier specific region. The OP was in the
US, where the Photosmart 1510V uses different cartridges.

- Bob Headrick

Old February 21st 06, 05:23 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

measekite wrote in news:XIoKf.15172$2O6.10093
@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

CANON USED ONE SIZE CART

The issue is HP.
Old February 21st 06, 05:31 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Gary Tait wrote:

measekite wrote in news:XIoKf.15172$2O6.10093
:

CANON USED ONE SIZE CART

The issue is HP.

DUH
Old February 21st 06, 06:17 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"CWatters" wrote in message

"Bob Headrick" wrote
That may be true in the UK, it is not true elsewhere. Users should
check the documentation for their specific region. The OP was in the
US, where the Photosmart 1510V uses different cartridges.

Hum. I did get that from the manual on the USA version of the HP web
site
but looking again I see that it does say cart numbers vary by region.

The url listed,
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/m...t=428804&lc=en
indicates "cc=uk", or a country code of the UK.

- Bob Headrick

Old February 21st 06, 07:42 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Gary Tait wrote:

measekite wrote in news:XIoKf.15172$2O6.10093
@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

CANON USED ONE SIZE CART

The issue is HP.

Oh geeze...that's far too complicated for that moron to understand.
Frank
Old February 21st 06, 11:49 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"Bob Headrick" wrote in message

"CWatters" wrote in message

"Bob Headrick" wrote
That may be true in the UK, it is not true elsewhere. Users should
check the documentation for their specific region. The OP was in the
US, where the Photosmart 1510V uses different cartridges.

Hum. I did get that from the manual on the USA version of the HP web
site
but looking again I see that it does say cart numbers vary by region.

The url listed,

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/m...t=428804&lc=en
indicates "cc=uk", or a country code of the UK.

Wierd. I guess its trying to work out my locations some how and thinks I'm
in the UK. Actually in Belgium.