How do I?

Old August 22nd 05, 12:50 AM
Bug-Eyed Earl

Default How do I?

How do I disable the Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller in the BIOS?
Old August 22nd 05, 02:37 AM
CJT

Bug-Eyed Earl wrote:

How do I disable the Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller in the BIOS?

Any bios in particular?

Old August 22nd 05, 04:29 AM
Bug-Eyed Earl

In article , CJT wrote:
Bug-Eyed Earl wrote:

How do I disable the Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller in the BIOS?

Any bios in particular?

Windows Me?

Intel Celeron 1.1GHz?

I don't know.

Old August 22nd 05, 05:41 AM
Bug-Eyed Earl

In article , CJT wrote:
Bug-Eyed Earl wrote:

In article , CJT wrote:

Bug-Eyed Earl wrote:

How do I disable the Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller in the BIOS?

Any bios in particular?

Windows Me?

Intel Celeron 1.1GHz?

I don't know.

Then, no.

No, I can't disable it?
Old August 22nd 05, 06:17 AM
CJT

Bug-Eyed Earl wrote:

In article , CJT wrote:

Bug-Eyed Earl wrote:

In article , CJT wrote:

Bug-Eyed Earl wrote:

How do I disable the Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller in the BIOS?

Any bios in particular?

Windows Me?

Intel Celeron 1.1GHz?

I don't know.

Then, no.

No, I can't disable it?

Probably not, if you don't even know what system you've got.

Did you try hitting the DEL key during bootup and scanning the
various screens for a selection dealing with your issue?

Old August 22nd 05, 01:52 PM
nobody@nowhere

In article , CJT wrote:
Bug-Eyed Earl wrote:

In article , CJT wrote:

Bug-Eyed Earl wrote:

In article , CJT wrote:

Bug-Eyed Earl wrote:

How do I disable the Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller in the BIOS?

Any bios in particular?

Windows Me?

Intel Celeron 1.1GHz?

I don't know.

Then, no.

No, I can't disable it?

Probably not, if you don't even know what system you've got.

Did you try hitting the DEL key during bootup and scanning the
various screens for a selection dealing with your issue?

Yes, I did.

I couldn't find an option to disable it.
Old August 23rd 05, 05:12 PM
Jason Gurtz

In theory the onboard video is disabled when an add-in video card is
present. In practice? well...

You might be SOL, as I was with a PCI '486 SiS chipset board once with
Plan 9. There are various hackery utilities to turn on and off hidden
bios settings. As a last resort try searching one of those out.

~Jason

Old August 23rd 05, 05:59 PM
Bob Bailin

"Bug-Eyed Earl" wrote in message
How do I disable the Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller in the BIOS?

You don't. It's disabled automatically if you plug in a 3rd party AGP
video card. In the BIOS you do get to specify whether the PCI, AGP
or onboard video gets recognized first during bootup.

Bob