Asus N6200 and widescreen monitor

Old October 27th 08, 10:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Al Kwasone

Default Asus N6200 and widescreen monitor

Hi,
I have a problem with Asus N6200 graphic card and widescreen monitor
(native resolution 1680x1050). The recommended nvidia driver do not
support widescreen resolutions and higher then 1600x1200 at all. I can't
add user defigned settings, too (including lower, widescreen 1400x900).
I heard that widescreen resolutions are supported by geforce 6200 in XP
and Linux.
Help!
AlK.
Old October 27th 08, 11:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

The usual answer is to first make sure you have the correct monitor
driver/INF installed.

Old October 28th 08, 10:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Olek Kwas

Thank You for answer.

First of One pisze:
The usual answer is to first make sure you have the correct monitor
driver/INF installed.

You think about the monitor driver for windows? I'm using Win98 SE.
The monitor driver is not installed (only P&P, standard monitor). There
is no classic windows driver for Gateway FPD2185W. The monitor is
equipped with EzTuning software. The EzTuning software works fine with
an old geforce2pro but not with N6200 (geforce 6200). Unfortunately
widescreen resolutions are not supported by geforce2pro. The graphic
card was replaced. After that EzTuning (reinstalled) not works -
operating system hangs up. I'm using the newest nvidia driver (for
geforce6 graphic card family) - win98 is not supported by Asus.
What do You suggest?
AlK.

PS. The same monitor works fine with radeon 7500 and WinXP. The extra
monitor driver and Eztuning software aren't installed.

Old October 28th 08, 02:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Patrick Vervoorn

In article ,
Olek Kwas wrote:

What do You suggest?

Is installing WinXP on the machine in question an option?

Regards,

Patrick.

Old October 28th 08, 09:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Al Kwasone

Patrick Vervoorn napisał(a):
Is installing WinXP on the machine in question an option?

Windows 98 must remain. Probably, PowerStrip is solution.
AlK.