PC Giant BUYER BEWARE

Old August 4th 06, 11:58 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

Default PC Giant BUYER BEWARE

Ordered items from PC Giant on 26/07. They took the payment the next
day. They haven't dispatched my items. They don't respond to emails or
their telephone number.

Today I checked their website and found this message, which they must
have posted on the 03/08.

Refurbishment Scheduled For August 2006
Please note our store is Currently Closed for 3 weeks
Due to Refurbishment. Our services are expected to return to
normal on the 21st August 2006 Please if you
have any queries these will be answered within the next 28 days.

If you buy here, you are an idiot like me. :-(

Old August 4th 06, 03:57 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

That message may not be true. It may be a ruse to take the heat off
whilst they scarper!

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old August 4th 06, 08:08 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Trust No OneŽ

Dr Teeth wrote:
That message may not be true. It may be a ruse to take the heat off
whilst they scarper!

Strange thing - I've just done a whois on www.pcgiant.co.uk and...

they seem to be using an IP address in a range owned by NASA ????

Have I got my wires crossed or are NASA into the ISP business these days?

www.pcgiant.co.uk:72.41.39.132

OrgName: National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Address: IS05/Office of the Chief Information Officer

City: MSFC

StateProv: AL

PostalCode: 35812

Country: US

Comment:

RegDate:

Updated: 2006-03-16

AbuseHandle: NASAA-ARIN

AbuseName: NASA Abuse

AbusePhone: +1-800-762-7472

AbuseEmail:

AdminHandle: CST57-ARIN

AdminName: Stephens, Carol

AdminPhone: +1-256-544-3147

AdminEmail:

NOCHandle: NISN-ARIN

NOCName: NASA Information Services Network

NOCPhone: +1-256-961-4000

NOCEmail:

TechHandle: RFBJ-ARIN

TechName: Bischof, Jr., Ralph F.

TechPhone: +1-256-544-3982

TechEmail:

OrgID: NASA
Address: IS05/Office of the Chief Information Officer
City: MSFC
StateProv: AL
PostalCode: 35812
Country: US

ASNumber: 270
ASName: PSCNI-AS
ASHandle: AS270
Comment:
RegDate: 1989-02-24
Updated: 2003-01-15

RTechHandle: BH162-ARIN
RTechName: Hardy, Ben
RTechPhone: +1-205-544-6180
RTechEmail:

OrgAbuseHandle: NASAA-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: NASA Abuse
OrgAbusePhone: +1-800-762-7472
OrgAbuseEmail:

OrgNOCHandle: NISN-ARIN
OrgNOCName: NASA Information Services Network
OrgNOCPhone: +1-256-961-4000
OrgNOCEmail:

OrgTechHandle: RFBJ-ARIN
OrgTechName: Bischof, Jr., Ralph F.
OrgTechPhone: +1-256-544-3982
OrgTechEmail:

Peter X-Files Fan
Please Note: Emailed replies cc'd / bcc'd , containing HTML or attachments
auto-binned as spam

Old August 4th 06, 09:19 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Trev

"Trust No OneŽ" wrote in message
Dr Teeth wrote:
That message may not be true. It may be a ruse to take the heat off
whilst they scarper!

Strange thing - I've just done a whois on www.pcgiant.co.uk and...

they seem to be using an IP address in a range owned by NASA ????

Have I got my wires crossed or are NASA into the ISP business these days?

www.pcgiant.co.uk:72.41.39.132

I think you need a new Who is

WhoIs Lookup performed by Karen's WhoIs
http://www.karenware.com/

Domain name:

pcgiant.co.uk

Registrant:

pcgiant

Trading as:

PC Giant

Registrant type:

UK Sole Trader

Registrant's address:

48 edward road

liverpool

merseyside

L35 5AJ

GB

Registrant's agent:

Pipex Communications UK Ltd t/a 123-Reg.co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 19-May-2005

Renewal date: 19-May-2007

Last updated: 09-Aug-2005

Registration status:

Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:

ns3.ixwebhosting.com

ns4.ixwebhosting.com

WHOIS lookup made at 21:17:33 04-Aug-2006

--

This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central
registry

for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS a

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2006.

You may not access the .uk WHOIS or use any data from it except as permitted

by the terms of use available in full at http://www.nominet.org.uk/whois,
which

includes restrictions on: (A) use of the data for advertising, or its

repackaging, recompilation, redistribution or reuse (B) obscuring, removing

or hiding any or all of this notice and (C) exceeding query rate or volume

limits. The data is provided on an 'as-is' basis and may lag behind the

register. Access may be withdrawn or restricted at any time.

Old August 5th 06, 09:05 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Fat Freddy's Cat

wrote in message
oups.com...

If you buy here, you are an idiot like me. :-(

I take it you started this new thread cos people had stopped replying to
your recent one?

g.

Old August 5th 06, 07:12 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Steve

If you buy here, you are an idiot like me. :-(

This is getting worse for you. I just went to www.pcgiant.co.uk and it's a
Spanish site now!

Old August 5th 06, 07:27 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Tx2

"Steve" wrote in message

If you buy here, you are an idiot like me. :-(

This is getting worse for you. I just went to www.pcgiant.co.uk and it's a
Spanish site now!

Not here it isn't - however, they are apparently they are closed for 3 weeks
for refurbishment..... I expect the 'owner' is currently on one of the
Spanish Costa's on his summer holiday.

Old August 5th 06, 10:32 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Jeremiah Harbottle

Not here it isn't - however, they are apparently they are closed for 3
weeks for refurbishment..... I expect the 'owner' is currently on one of
the Spanish Costa's on his summer holiday.

Spendings Jamesthomasstowe's moneyings.

Hola!

Old August 6th 06, 10:24 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

Jeremiah Harbottle wrote:
Not here it isn't - however, they are apparently they are closed for 3
weeks for refurbishment..... I expect the 'owner' is currently on one of
the Spanish Costa's on his summer holiday.

Spendings Jamesthomasstowe's moneyings.

Hola!

There is a good reason why people from Manchester hate people from
Liverpool!

Old August 7th 06, 06:31 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Jeremiah Harbottle

There is a good reason why people from Manchester hate people from
Liverpool!

I thought it was universal - along with Brummies.