PC Speaker wrongly connected: Battlefield 2 sound issue's gone ?!!

Old July 12th 07, 02:58 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default PC Speaker wrongly connected: Battlefield 2 sound issue's gone ?!!

Hello,

Since I rebuild my PC I also reconnected the PC speaker connector wrongfully
as well as the power led and hd led wrongfully.

I can't remember having any Battlefield 2 sound issue's since then.

I read somewhere else about disconnecting the PC Speaker solving sound
issue's...

Well guess they were right !

(No beep at boot to me thinks )

(X-Fi Elite Pro soundcard)

Nice

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old July 12th 07, 07:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John

PLOINK

Old July 12th 07, 10:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Kevin Weaver

Is this guy for real ?

Make that two plonks.

Old July 12th 07, 12:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Geoff

"Kevin Weaver" wrote in message
et...
Is this guy for real ?

Make that two plonks.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

just a troll

Old July 12th 07, 12:30 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default Never mind: PC Speaker was correctly connected after all.

I just booted my system and this time I listened carefully.

And yup, BEEP. and later BEEP.

So I guess the PC speaker was correctly connected.

I also guess the Battlefield 2 Bug just didn't occur for some reason

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old July 14th 07, 11:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default Maybe it's helping after all....

However there is a clear reduction of strange noises.

So maybe it's helping after all

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old July 14th 07, 11:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
MasterBlaster

"Skybuck Flying" wrote

However there is a clear reduction of strange noises.

So maybe it's helping after all

What, the ball gag?
I'd suggest leaving it in for 6 months minumum, and see how it goes.

Old July 22nd 07, 09:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Hmm it seems, the wave control in the volume settings plays a roll as well.

When setting it to 100% sound troubles start immediatly in BF2.

When keeping it at 50% it s ok.

Bye,
Skybuck.