Creative Mixer

Old July 5th 05, 06:46 PM
John

Default Creative Mixer

Hello.

I have the Creative SB Audigy Mixer. Its for my ZS2 soundcard.

How do I get the source to always remain selected on S/PDIF-IN and for
the recording option to also always be S/PDIF?

It's just that whenever I cross out the other options and have only
those selected, and then open the ATI TV Tuner, it takes the cross out
of Wave as the source, and it changes the recording option to
Auxiliary 2! Also when I click to record from the TV in the ATI TV
Tuner it also changes these settings. As a result I have quite a few
recordings with no sound.

It is really bugging me this and I'd like to fix it once and for all.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

John

Old July 6th 05, 04:27 PM
Dr Richard Cranium

Hmmmm.....

just an off the cuff wild ass guess, but i'd say pcbuuttocks there thinks this is the ATI
forum and expects to read only ATI questions.

i have a zs2 soundcard with my ATI x800pro.
http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm

** No Fate **

cheers,
dracman
Tomb Raider: Shotgun City
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb.htm

** Far Cry with Valerie as the Adventuress **
http://www.smokeypoint.org/farCry.htm

http://www.smokeypoint.org/traod/traod.html
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraide...r1pictures.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraide...1midaspics.htm

**savegame editors all versions Tomb Raider & TRAOD godmode
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tr2code.htm

http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm

** Win2k and winXP hi-res with TR1
http://www.smokeypoint.com/glidos.htm

** Tomb Raider 1 add on UB levels
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb2.htm#Tova

-=-=-

** Final Fantasy Online mega ingame Pictures ! **
** for those whom wonder about "whats it like anyway huh"

http://www.smokeypoint.com/ffxionline/traod.html
http://www.smokeypoint.org/ffxionlin...ibb/Jueno.html

-=-=-

** GTA III vice City Character MOD
http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm#gta3

** Far Cry with Valerie as the Adventuress **
http://www.smokeypoint.org/farCry.htm

** Singles: Flirt UP Your Life AI and character MOD
http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#singles

** World of Warcraft adventuring North to Ironforge. Dwarf Airport Discovered
http://www.smokeypoint.org/wow/worldofwarcraft.html

===============================
** No Pili'kaia **

"John" wrote in message
: Hello.
:

at http://www.TitanNews.com

Old July 6th 05, 10:41 PM
Jez

John wrote:
Hello.

I have the Creative SB Audigy Mixer. Its for my ZS2 soundcard.

How do I get the source to always remain selected on S/PDIF-IN and for
the recording option to also always be S/PDIF?

It's just that whenever I cross out the other options and have only
those selected, and then open the ATI TV Tuner, it takes the cross out
of Wave as the source, and it changes the recording option to
Auxiliary 2! Also when I click to record from the TV in the ATI TV
Tuner it also changes these settings. As a result I have quite a few
recordings with no sound.

Yip, sound like the Creative mixer to me !
I have to do the same sort of thing, depending on what I'm doing.
If I'm on Yahoo messenger, and someone wants to do a voice-conference,
after starting the voice session, I have to go into the Creative mixer,
tell it to record from line in2/mic in 2, then Yahoo works.
So, then maybe we set up a game of Battlefield 2, which has it's own
built-in VOIP thing.
Which means I have to go into the audio set-up in the game....run the
test mic, hit alt/tab to minimize the game, then turn off the Yahoo
voice, change the Creative mixer settings, (because it'll have gone back
to mic recording !), back to line2/mic2..test the audio.....and on with
the game.

Same bloody process for every different damn recording source !
It works, but can be rather annoying !

It is really bugging me this and I'd like to fix it once and for all.

Me too !

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I've never come across any solutions, but hey, we live in hope eh ?

--
Jez, MBA.,
Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
Howard Zinn

Old July 7th 05, 11:42 PM
Dr Richard Cranium

just purchased them at CompUSA, and chucked them in my P4. The mainboard had onboard
audio - so that was disabled. I pulled out the nvidea something or another - and slammed
in the x800pro - whew.
came over from 3Dfx sampled nvidea until the GF3 got slow - then opted in to the stability
of ATI and haven't looked back since.

like the man said - somewhat expensive - but ! ohh what a feeling !!

"pcbutts1" wrote in message
: Dr Richard Cranium wrote:
:
: just an off the cuff wild ass guess, but i'd say pcbuuttocks there
: thinks this is the ATI forum and expects to read only ATI questions.
:
: You say pcbuuttocks there thinks that is the ati forum; I will say "you
: groaning, intolerant, thudding pillow biter."
:
: i have a zs2 soundcard with my ATI x800pro.
:
: Where did you get a zs2 soundcard with your ati x800pro, Cranium?
:
: ** No Fate ** cheers, dracman Tomb Raider: Shotgun City ** Far Cry with
: Valerie as the Adventuress ** **savegame editors all versions Tomb Raider
: & TRAOD godmode ** Win2k and winXP hi-res with TR1 ** Tomb Raider 1 add on
: UB levels -=-=- ** Final Fantasy Online mega ingame Pictures!
:
: Converted conditional fallacy, Cranium. "If A then B, therefore if B then
: A."
:
: ** ** for those whom wonder about "whats it like anyway huh" -=-=- **
: GTA III vice City Character MOD ** Far Cry with Valerie as the Adventuress
: ** ** Singles: Flirt UP Your Life AI and character MOD ** World of
: Warcraft adventuring North to Ironforge.
:
: Success is getting up one more time.
:
: Dwarf Airport =============================== ** No Pili'kaia ** Posted
: via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access -=Every Newsgroup -
: Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-
:
: Lamebrained.
:
:
:
:

at http://www.TitanNews.com

Old July 16th 05, 12:47 AM
bulldog

What a ****stick

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 09:31:04 -0600, puked out these words: