XP2600+ runs at 913mhz

Old January 1st 08, 06:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Klyde Beaty

Default XP2600+ runs at 913mhz

I have an XP2700+ cpu and a XP2600+ and 2 MB one is a MSI KT8 Ultra
and the Other is a FIC AU13 The 2700 is recognized and properly set up
in both boards but the 2600 always sets up at 166x5.5 913MHZ Bothe MB
say they will run the 2600. I tried to manually set the FSB and
multiplier but it just wont run right at anything faster. t comes up
with CPU overrunning. The slowest FSB is 100 and multiplier is 5 on both
computers.

Can some one help?
Old January 1st 08, 06:43 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Wes Newell

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 00:17:03 -0600, Klyde Beaty wrote:

I have an XP2700+ cpu and a XP2600+ and 2 MB one is a MSI KT8 Ultra and
the Other is a FIC AU13 The 2700 is recognized and properly set up in
both boards but the 2600 always sets up at 166x5.5 913MHZ Bothe MB say
they will run the 2600. I tried to manually set the FSB and multiplier
but it just wont run right at anything faster. t comes up with CPU
overrunning. The slowest FSB is 100 and multiplier is 5 on both
computers.

Can some one help?

My guess is you got your hands on a 2600+ XP-M (mobile 2600). Nothing
wrong with that other than you may have to do a little work to get it
running properly. Come back with the part number (first line of label),
and stepping and date code (last line). Also include make an model of MB's
you have. I thought the KT8 was for a K8 (Ahtlon 64) cpu. All XP's are K7
afaik.

Old January 1st 08, 10:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Klyde Beaty

Wes:
Here is all the numbers I can find on it.

On the black Label

AMD Athlon
AXDA2600KV4D Q335616L40159
AQYHA0447BPMW 1999 AMD

Silk screened in metal on green top
27493

On white label
19103417/523925

Nothing readable on the actual chip.

Thank you

Old January 1st 08, 10:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Klyde Beaty

Sorry I forgot the MB specs.
one is FIC AU13 and the other is MSI KT3 Ultra not KT8

Old January 2nd 08, 01:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Wes Newell

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 16:09:43 -0600, Klyde Beaty wrote:

Sorry I forgot the MB specs.
one is FIC AU13 and the other is MSI KT3 Ultra not KT8

Both should support this cpu.

AXDA2600KV4D Q335616L40159

I'll assume that an AXDA2600DKV4D. Standard XP with 512K cache (Barton
core) and default 166MHz FSB (333FSB). See this link for more info on the
numbers.

http://www.amdboard.com/amdid.html

AQYHA0447BPMW 1999 AMD

Date code of 0447 means it's probably multiplier locked. Default
multiplier is 11.5x166MHz (333FSB). Try setting the the FSB to 166 and the
multiplier to 11.5. If your bios has a divider setting for the PCI/AGP bus
the pci divider should be set to 5 to get the nominal 33.33MHz PCI bus.
Sometimes that shown as 5:2:1 meaning FSB/5 for PCI, PCI x2 for agp, and
memory running 1:1. Voltage should be at default 1.65v. It shouldn't have
a problem working in either of these boards unless it's defective or
someone has messed up some of the bridges on top. Did you buy this new? Or
you sure the top is clean of any "silver" grease? Did you reset the bios
and try it? That's about all I can think of. Good luck.

Old January 2nd 08, 02:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Klyde Beaty

Wes :
I tried what you said but can't set the agp except to 50mhz which is
the slowest, the FSB to 166 and multiplier to 11.5 the voltage is 1.65.
I remember ordering it especially for the Barton core but the MB I had
it in died. Neither of the MB I have now will rune it when I make the
changes it always reverts back to 100mhz x 5.5. I guess Ill look a 2600
on Ebay and sell this one maby I can break even. If I could get a cpu
and board that didnt need DDR2 memory and a pci video card I would just
upgrade, but its the wifes for embroidery programs and she doesn't need
much. Actually running at 900mhz she doesn't know the difference.

Thanks

Newell wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 16:09:43 -0600, Klyde Beaty wrote:

Sorry I forgot the MB specs.
one is FIC AU13 and the other is MSI KT3 Ultra not KT8

Both should support this cpu.

AXDA2600KV4D Q335616L40159

I'll assume that an AXDA2600DKV4D. Standard XP with 512K cache (Barton
core) and default 166MHz FSB (333FSB). See this link for more info on the
numbers.

http://www.amdboard.com/amdid.html

AQYHA0447BPMW 1999 AMD

Date code of 0447 means it's probably multiplier locked. Default

Old January 2nd 08, 05:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Wes Newell

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 20:37:24 -0600, Klyde Beaty wrote:

Wes :
I tried what you said but can't set the agp except to 50mhz which is
the slowest, the FSB to 166 and multiplier to 11.5 the voltage is 1.65.
I remember ordering it especially for the Barton core but the MB I had
it in died. Neither of the MB I have now will rune it when I make the
changes it always reverts back to 100mhz x 5.5. I guess Ill look a 2600
on Ebay and sell this one maby I can break even. If I could get a cpu
and board that didnt need DDR2 memory and a pci video card I would just
upgrade, but its the wifes for embroidery programs and she doesn't need
much. Actually running at 900mhz she doesn't know the difference.

The nominal AGP bus speed is 66MHz, 2 times the PCI speed of 33MHz. If
it's defaulting to the same thing in both boards I'd say something was
wrong with it as a guess. I assume the 2700+ you have is also a barton
core running at 166MHz. I'd still check the L6 bridges and see if someone
accidentally or on purpose change the mobile bridge. This place covers
everything about the cpu.

http://fab51.com/cpu/barton/athlon-e23.html

Old January 3rd 08, 07:29 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Klyde Beaty

Wes:
Thanks for your help and link. This CPU was purchased by me new, so it
hasnt been screwed with. It did work on the last MB I had it in, that
Has now gone by by.
Yes the 2700 is also a Barton.

Larry