Linux-based Windows 12 Lite is '3x faster than Windows 10' and'immune from ransomware'

Old February 13th 20, 09:24 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
anon[_3_]

Default Linux-based Windows 12 Lite is '3x faster than Windows 10' and'immune from ransomware'

On 2020-02-12 06:34, sam wrote:

I thought that I read about another systemthat was being developed that was supposed to replace wine (wine should be call Muscatel).

Please post it if you find it!

This may be it.

PlayOnLinux
https://www.playonlinux.com/en/

Old February 13th 20, 09:47 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
T[_6_]

On 2020-02-13 12:21, anon wrote:

If it is ReactOS, oh boy! It is beyond terrible. Not
even Alpha code.

It has the look of Windows 98 too. I wonder if it smells musty when you load it onto your computer?
It's too bad the effort they have put into ReactOS wasn't put to better use, like linux. ReactOS am might be a hackers dream though. I doubt that intels want to learn it.

React OS is Wine wrapped around a pretty GUI. If
it does not work in Wine, it will not work in React OS.

And, seeing my other post on the subject, Wine is
a form of ransomware. You put Code Weavers (owners
of Wine) on your payroll or they won't lift a finger.

Old February 13th 20, 09:52 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
T[_6_]

On 2020-02-12 06:34, sam wrote:

I thought that I read about another systemthat was being developed that was supposed to replace wine (wine should be call Muscatel).

Please post it if you find it!

This may be it.

PlayOnLinux
https://www.playonlinux.com/en/

PlayOnLinux
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayOnLinux

"PlayOnLinux is a graphical frontend for the Wine
software compatibility layer which allows Linux
users to install Windows-based ...."

So we are back to the Wine ransomware problem again.

That being said, Code Weaver is simply following the
economic model for Open Source: give away the code for
free and charge out the ass to make it work right.
Old February 13th 20, 10:54 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
123456789

T wrote:

Wine is a form of ransomware. You put Code Weavers (owners of Wine)
on your payroll or they won't lift a finger.

Codeweavers also makes the free CrossOver beta app (based on Wine) for
the Chrome OS. (I'm using it to post this.) They make no bones about it
not being free when it comes out of beta. IF it's a reasonable price I
don't mind paying for their work...
Old February 13th 20, 11:08 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rene Lamontagne

On 2020-02-13 12:21, anon wrote:

If it is ReactOS, oh boy!Â* It is beyond terrible.Â* Not
even Alpha code.

Â*Â* It has the look of Windows 98 too. I wonder if it smells musty when
you load it onto your computer?
It's too bad the effort they have put into ReactOS wasn't put to
better use, like linux.Â* ReactOS am might be a hackers dream though.
I doubt that intels want to learn it.

React OS is Wine wrapped around a pretty GUI. If
it does not work in Wine, it will not work in React OS.

And, seeing my other post on the subject, Wine is
a form of ransomware.Â* You put Code Weavers (owners
of Wine) on your payroll or they won't lift a finger.

Waybackwhen I used to make a great variety of Wines.
Mine were all Soooo Goood. :-)

Rene

Old February 13th 20, 11:33 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
T[_6_]

On 2020-02-13 13:54, 123456789 wrote:
T wrote:

Wine is a form of ransomware.Â* You put Code Weavers (owners of Wine)
on your payroll or they won't lift a finger.

Codeweavers also makes the free CrossOver beta app (based on Wine) for
the Chrome OS. (I'm using it to post this.) They make no bones about it
not being free when it comes out of beta. IF it's a reasonable price I
don't mind paying for their work...

I don't mind paying for software that is reasonably
price and that works right

Good luck getting Code Weaver to fix anything for you.

Old February 13th 20, 11:33 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
T[_6_]

On 2020-02-13 12:21, anon wrote:

If it is ReactOS, oh boy!Â* It is beyond terrible.Â* Not
even Alpha code.

Â*Â* It has the look of Windows 98 too. I wonder if it smells musty
when you load it onto your computer?
It's too bad the effort they have put into ReactOS wasn't put to
better use, like linux.Â* ReactOS am might be a hackers dream though.
I doubt that intels want to learn it.

React OS is Wine wrapped around a pretty GUI. If
it does not work in Wine, it will not work in React OS.

And, seeing my other post on the subject, Wine is
a form of ransomware.Â* You put Code Weavers (owners
of Wine) on your payroll or they won't lift a finger.

Waybackwhen I used to make a great variety of Wines.
Mine were all Soooo Goood.Â*Â* :-)

Rene

:-)

Old February 14th 20, 12:16 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Anonymous Remailer (austria)

In article
123456789 wrote:

T wrote:

Wine is a form of ransomware. You put Code Weavers (owners of Wine)
on your payroll or they won't lift a finger.

Codeweavers also makes the free CrossOver beta app (based on Wine) for
the Chrome OS. (I'm using it to post this.) They make no bones about it
not being free when it comes out of beta. IF it's a reasonable price I
don't mind paying for their work...

Then you don't mind them stealing your personal information and
selling it to cyber criminals either.

Old February 14th 20, 05:06 PM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
123456789

Anonymous Remailer wrote:
123456789 wrote:

Codeweavers makes the free CrossOver beta app (based on Wine) for
the Chrome OS. (I'm using it to post this.) They make no bones

about it
not being free when it comes out of beta. IF it's a reasonable

price I
don't mind paying for their work...

Then you don't mind them stealing your personal information and
selling it to cyber criminals either.

Course not. What could cyber criminals do with 123456789?