OT - Domain Name Question

Old February 19th 10, 04:50 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Von Fourche[_2_]

Default OT - Domain Name Question

I have a question on domain names. I know how to buy them, I have a
couple and use one for my site. But anybody can
look up my site and find my name. I know when I bought those domain names
Go Daddy offered some special service where they keep my information
private. Is that what I think it is? If I buy a domain is there anyway I
can keep my name private?

Much Thanks!

Old February 19th 10, 04:55 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Von Fourche[_2_]

"Von Fourche" wrote in message

I have a question on domain names. I know how to buy them, I have a
couple and use one for my site. But anybody can
look up my site and find my name. I know when I bought those domain names
Go Daddy offered some special service where they keep my information
private. Is that what I think it is? If I buy a domain is there anyway I
can keep my name private?

Much Thanks!

I guess so. Go Daddy says they can hide my name if I take the service.
I should have checked the Go Daddy site first but I hate the way that site
is designed.

Old February 19th 10, 05:42 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_2_]

On 2/18/2010 10:50 PM, Von Fourche wrote:
I have a question on domain names. I know how to buy them, I have a
couple and use one for my site. But anybody can
look up my site and find my name. I know when I bought those domain names
Go Daddy offered some special service where they keep my information
private. Is that what I think it is? If I buy a domain is there anyway I
can keep my name private?

Much Thanks!

Check your domain out here and see for yourself:

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

Ben Myers
Old February 19th 10, 05:46 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 22:55:00 -0500, "Von Fourche"
wrote:

"Von Fourche" wrote in message

I have a question on domain names. I know how to buy them, I have a
couple and use one for my site. But anybody can
look up my site and find my name. I know when I bought those domain names
Go Daddy offered some special service where they keep my information
private. Is that what I think it is? If I buy a domain is there anyway I
can keep my name private?

Much Thanks!

I guess so. Go Daddy says they can hide my name if I take the service.
I should have checked the Go Daddy site first but I hate the way that site
is designed.

The answer is yes, you are correct ! I speak from experience tho I
used another host to do this.
Old February 19th 10, 06:29 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Von Fourche[_2_]

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
On 2/18/2010 10:50 PM, Von Fourche wrote:
I have a question on domain names. I know how to buy them, I have a
couple and use one for my site. But anybody can
look up my site and find my name. I know when I bought those domain
names
Go Daddy offered some special service where they keep my information
private. Is that what I think it is? If I buy a domain is there anyway
can keep my name private?

Much Thanks!

Check your domain out here and see for yourself:

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

Yep, even gives my address and zipcode. lol.

Old February 19th 10, 06:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

Von Fourche wrote:
"Ben Myers" wrote in message
On 2/18/2010 10:50 PM, Von Fourche wrote:
I have a question on domain names. I know how to buy them, I have a
couple and use one for my site. But anybody can
look up my site and find my name. I know when I bought those domain
names
Go Daddy offered some special service where they keep my information
private. Is that what I think it is? If I buy a domain is there anyway
can keep my name private?

Much Thanks!

Check your domain out here and see for yourself:

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

Yep, even gives my address and zipcode. lol.

you can pay your domain name registrar to keep your registration
information confidential and have their name appear in the public
records. or you can simply put alternate information in the domain name
registration record. some of the problems with using alternate
information instead of your actual information are password recovery
(should you ever forget your password), disputes over rights of
ownership, failing to be notified of registration expiration, and so on.
so either pay the additional money for the privacy service or fudge
the information and assume some risks. but if you have already
registered a domain in a public way then making it private after the
fact is a bit like closing the barn door after all the horse has gone...
Old February 20th 10, 03:08 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
JDa™©

On 2/18/2010 10:50 PM, Von Fourche, did transcribed the following::
I have a question on domain names. I know how to buy them, I have a
couple and use one for my site. But anybody can
look up my site and find my name. I know when I bought those domain names
Go Daddy offered some special service where they keep my information
private. Is that what I think it is? If I buy a domain is there anyway I
can keep my name private?

Much Thanks!

No, as the domain name is yours, anything that happens concerning your
domain name is your responsibility.

--
X Domain & Zone Contact for domain 'State.Ga.US.'
(JDA-ARIN) or (AJ829-ORG)

Master of your own domain Patrick Homebuilt PC's 0 January 10th 07 12:03 AM
Antsoft Domain Finder Vardanov General Hardware 0 October 6th 05 08:55 AM
Plotter in NT domain User Printers 0 August 22nd 05 05:25 PM
OT domain registration Frank Logullo Gateway Computers 3 November 18th 04 07:11 PM
broadcast domain!? esara Homebuilt PC's 1 May 26th 04 05:01 PM