Computer moving really slow

Old December 26th 07, 12:06 PM
tornado tornado is offline
Junior Member

Arrow Computer moving really slow

ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card into my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my computer and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat my hardrive and it fixed the problem but now my computer is moving extremly slow and i dont know what the reason behind it is. oh yea after i reformated my computer i somehow didnt lose any files on my hard drive, would that be the problem? or does it lie somewhere else. if more information is required please post. much help apreciated. thank you.

Motherboard: Asus p5rd1-vm
CPU: intel pentium D 2.66
Video card: Ati Radeon x800XL
RAM: 1 512 DDR PC3200
_________________
Company logo – Logo Ontwerp Credit cards for bad credit
Old December 26th 07, 04:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Brett Kline

Default Computer moving really slow

tornado wrote:
ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card
into my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my
computer and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat my hardrive and it
fixed the problem but now my computer is moving extremly slow and i
dont know what the reason behind it is. oh yea after i reformated my
computer i somehow didnt lose any files on my hard drive, would that

Sounds like the repair install did not work.

Back your data up and do a *clean* install.

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/#vista_xp_2000

Old December 26th 07, 05:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Joe_Z

"Brett Kline" wrote in message
tornado wrote:
ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card
into my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my
computer and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat my hardrive and it
fixed the problem but now my computer is moving extremly slow and i
dont know what the reason behind it is. oh yea after i reformated my
computer i somehow didnt lose any files on my hard drive, would that

Sounds like the repair install did not work.

Back your data up and do a *clean* install.

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/#vista_xp_2000

And check all the drivers you install are dated for your mainboards
config, video, nic card, etc...Joe

Old December 27th 07, 03:12 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Geoff

"tornado" wrote in message

ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card into
my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my computer
and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat my hardrive and it fixed the
problem but now my computer is moving extremly slow and i dont know
what the reason behind it is. oh yea after i reformated my computer i
somehow didnt lose any files on my hard drive, would that be the
problem? or does it lie somewhere else. if more information is required
please post. much help apreciated. thank you.

you didn't format it
back up your files
and select format during windows install (as in, not quick format)

Old December 28th 07, 02:04 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Augustus

"Geoff" wrote in message

"tornado" wrote in message

ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card into
my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my computer
and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat my hardrive and it fixed the
problem but now my computer is moving extremly slow and i dont know
what the reason behind it is. oh yea after i reformated my computer i
somehow didnt lose any files on my hard drive, would that be the
problem? or does it lie somewhere else. if more information is required
please post. much help apreciated. thank you.

you didn't format it
back up your files
and select format during windows install (as in, not quick format)

It's immaterial if he selects quick format or full format, that's not why he
still has files on his HDD. The only difference between the two is whether
or not the HDD is scanned for bad sectors by chkdsk as it is formatted.
http://www.theeldergeek.com/format_v...ick_format.htm

Old December 29th 07, 10:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Geoff

"Augustus" wrote in message

"Geoff" wrote in message

"tornado" wrote in message

[...]

my bad
posting at 3am = bleh

Old December 30th 07, 06:32 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
JetFuel

'Company logo - Logo Ontwerp' (http://www.logo-ontwerp.net/) 'Credit
cards for bad credit' (http://www.us-creditcards.com/)

--
tornado

Check in your BIOS to see if your L1 or L2 cache is disabled... if it
is your computer will be bog slow.

Al