Video drivers for old Compaq

Old April 10th 05, 03:19 AM
Bevin Breitkreuz

Default Video drivers for old Compaq

Hi,
I acquired an old Compaq Presario 1621 laptop from a company that was
throwing it out, of course they wiped the hard drive and had no
install/restore CDs, etc. for it. I put Win 98 SE on it but the generic
video drivers are terrible. I searched the net for the drivers and found
ones by NeoMagic that seem to work OK except for one thing - if you shut the
computer down, it reverts to the generic Win98 drivers and you have to
re-install the NeoMagic drivers every time you start it up. Does anyone
know how to solve this problem?

Much thanks for any help

Bevin

Old April 10th 05, 02:35 PM
Bevin Breitkreuz

I got them from driverguide.com on the net. but it is unclear as to whether
the are really for this machine.....

Old April 11th 05, 10:17 AM
TheGarbageGuy

Try this one ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp6001-6500/sp6333.exe

Should work with yours.

Hope This Helps
With best regards, TheGarbageGuy. E-mail:

Old April 12th 05, 11:55 PM
Bevin Breitkreuz

This is actually the one I have - I think the problem is not the drivers but
in the actual Compaq laptop set-up. Because I install these and they work
fine, but shut the machine down, and they are gone, reverted to PCI VGA
video driver. However, on a restart the driver stays installed. So, anyone
got any ideas how to correct that problem......?

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 1 January 13th 05 11:03 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 31st 04 02:23 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 24th 04 02:30 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 3rd 04 04:25 AM
Compaq FAQ **Pls read before posting a question** HH Compaq Computers 0 May 1st 04 11:28 AM