Poster blocking with Windows Mail

Old November 9th 08, 07:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon[_2_]

Default Poster blocking with Windows Mail

I am sure that nearly everyone using this Usenet newsgroup makes use of
poster blocking. I am having a problem with that function for the
newsreader in Windows Mail. I attempted to block a certain poster, naming
no names, but we all know who, and succeeded in blocking my own posts! And
I can find no way to remove a poster from the blocked list! [Fortunately I
have a second system (also using Windows Mail) on which I have not blocked
myself.] Does anyone know how to remove names from a blocked poster list in
the newsreader function of Windows Mail? Or even remove a message rule from
the newsreader function of Windows Mail (I can't even find a way to do that
for the poster blocking rule now in effect)?

Yeah, I know I could use a different newsreader, but I have invested a lot
of time over seven years of downloaded posts from multiple Usenet
newsgroups, what with flagging and otherwise marking posts and threads.

Help. I don't want to throw the babies out with the S##B!

Phil Weldon

Old November 9th 08, 07:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Robert Miles

"Phil Weldon" wrote in message
m...
[...]

In the main window of Windows Mail:

Click on Tools, then Message Rules, then News. Look down the list of rules,
if any, click on one after another until the last one you have clicked on
contains your email address (possibly munged if you do this when posting
newsgroup messages), then click Remove. Continue down the list. At the
end of the list, click OK.

Click on Tools, then Junk E-mail Options (even though this does not
appear to apply to newsgroup posts), then Blocked Senders. If this
list contains such a bad entry, click on it, then Remove. Continue
down the list. At the end of the list, click Apply, then OK.

This won't affect any messages already blocked, only the ones that
come in later.

Note that there are a few newsgroups servers that assume you don't
need copies of anything you posted, and won't return them. In such
a case, you'll need to change which newsgroups server you connect
to instead.

If you have more questions about the Windows Mail program, another
place you could ask is newsgroup microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail.

Old November 10th 08, 11:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon

'Robert Miles' wrote, in part:
In the main window of Windows Mail:

Click on Tools, then Message Rules, then News. Look down the list of
rules,

_____

Thanks for the suggestion. I've just used it, but the only rule that
appeared should not have the effect of blocking my posts (just mark my posts
in red). Here's hoping your suggested fix works.

Phil Weldon

.. .

Old November 11th 08, 05:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Robert Miles

You're welcome.

'Robert Miles' wrote, in part:
In the main window of Windows Mail:

Click on Tools, then Message Rules, then News. Look down the list of
rules,

_____

Thanks for the suggestion. I've just used it, but the only rule that
appeared should not have the effect of blocking my posts (just mark my
posts in red). Here's hoping your suggested fix works.

Phil Weldon

"Robert Miles" wrote in message
.. .

[snip]

Mcafee + windows mail species8350 Dell Computers 0 April 14th 07 05:28 PM
blocking ink jet species8350 Printers 2 August 4th 04 09:44 AM
'Swen-mail' and the elapsed time between a Usenet newsgroup post with a valid e-mail addres and the arrival of the first infected message in the mail box Phil Weldon Overclocking 12 October 7th 03 08:14 AM
BC-02 external blocking species8350 Printers 0 August 30th 03 03:33 PM