AMD Power Monitor Version 1.2.0 - AMD Site Corrupt

Old February 13th 08, 06:24 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Lord Turkey Cough

Default AMD Power Monitor Version 1.2.0 - AMD Site Corrupt

"pc" wrote in message
If any of 'yall could email me AMD Power Monitor Version 1.2.0, or an
uplink to same, I'd appreciate it.

The AMD site

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...1_9033,00.html

is a wee bit hosed.

tanks

pc

Hi, I am not sure what you are expecting from that download but
I think it is pretty mcuh a waste of time, windows task manager
shows you the CPU usage and the other stuff CPU freq and
voltage, well they are pretty much fixed, well you would not want
to monitor them, these are things you set (if possible), 'monitoring them'
will
be akin to watching paint dry, without the fun :O)

What you might find useful is this
http://www.hmonitor.net/
Which allows you to monitor the temperature of your CPU, which
is much more interesting (relatively) and useful. I had real trouble
finding something to monitor the temperature but this appears to
work, mine has not yet dropped below 42C.
I found a site which said normal rest range is 35C - 45C which
makes mine seem a little 'hot'.
But I think I read else where that this was pretty normal.
I did get it up to 60C at one point. After several minutes on full load
I heard the fan kick in. Temp stayed at 60 though!! Is that normal??
Actually I noticed that the burn in utility "hot potato" lol nice name, had
finished its 7 minute run at that time.
Mind you it is still saying 60%C
Weird!!
Well I just restarted hmonitor and it says 45C now.

Mine is a 64bit Sempron 3000+ at 1.8GHz and 1.4V according
to AMD power monitor.

I saw one place which said it's Sempron was 28C idle which i find
hard to believe (too low) but that was a earlier model IIRC, an Athlon
at 1.5GHz so maybe it was correct, but 28C is not much above room
temperature so I am suspicous.
I am at 44C now oops 42, 43 42. Maybe that burst of the fan blew away a few
cobwebs :O)

Not sure if I can overclock mine and not really into it anyway, I would not
notice
a 10% increase in speed really, and I like my PC to be quiet!!
Silence is golden :O)

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu...3100-oc_6.html
"We'd like to note that working at its nominal frequency and voltage (1.8GHz
and 1.5V) the Sempron 3100+ was 47°C hot in the idle mode and up to 60°C hot
under load in our system."