New AM2 LE1600 cpu performance?

Old January 12th 08, 12:35 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Strutter

Default New AM2 LE1600 cpu performance?

Hey does anyone have one of these yet? I'm interested in how they perform
and how good they are for over clocking, cos if they're any good I wouldn't
mind using them in a couple of low budget pc's. So far I can't find any
benchmarks...

Old January 12th 08, 01:13 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Ed Light

newegg product listings include user reviews, and some people share
their overclocks.
---
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
http://realnews.com

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org
http://antiwar.com

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.
Old January 12th 08, 01:20 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Augustus

"Strutter" wrote in message
Hey does anyone have one of these yet? I'm interested in how they perform
and how good they are for over clocking, cos if they're any good I
wouldn't mind using them in a couple of low budget pc's. So far I can't
find any benchmarks...

Odd are it'll run pretty much the same as a San Diego 3700+ 1Mb (2.2Ghz)
unit but generate less heat and use less power. May o/c higher. Why you'd
want a single core now when an dual core AM2 socket X2 4000+ Brisbane costs
the same or less ($50) and will o/c as much or more is beyond me.

Old January 12th 08, 02:46 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Greg Campbell

Strutter wrote:

Hey does anyone have one of these yet? I'm interested in how they
perform and how good they are for over clocking, cos if they're any good
I wouldn't mind using them in a couple of low budget pc's. So far I
can't find any benchmarks...

The 1600 and 1620 go VERY well.
Expect 3.3~3.8GHz with a minimal voltage bump.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=169633
Old January 12th 08, 03:56 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Augustus

"Greg Campbell" wrote in message
Strutter wrote:

Hey does anyone have one of these yet? I'm interested in how they perform
and how good they are for over clocking, cos if they're any good I
wouldn't mind using them in a couple of low budget pc's. So far I can't
find any benchmarks...

The 1600 and 1620 go VERY well.
Expect 3.3~3.8GHz with a minimal voltage bump.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=169633

That thread is showing a 30C temp for the CPU at 1.44V / 3300Mhz and 26C for
the m/b chipset. It's being run on a top of the line board with a a custom
watercooling rig with triple internal radiators. It errored at just over
3.4Ghz. Which is exactly what I'd expect any decent AMD single or dual core
to do given the same setup. An X2 is still afar better budget choice.

Old January 12th 08, 07:31 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Greg Campbell

Strutter wrote:

Hey does anyone have one of these yet? I'm interested in how they perform
and how good they are for over clocking, cos if they're any good I
wouldn't mind using them in a couple of low budget pc's. So far I can't
find any benchmarks...

The 1600 and 1620 go VERY well.
Expect 3.3~3.8GHz with a minimal voltage bump.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=169633

That thread is showing a 30C temp for the CPU at 1.44V / 3300Mhz and 26C for
the m/b chipset. It's being run on a top of the line board with a a custom
watercooling rig with triple internal radiators. It errored at just over
3.4Ghz. Which is exactly what I'd expect any decent AMD single or dual core
to do given the same setup. An X2 is still afar better budget choice.

No. The same guy gets 3650 @1.47 and air.

(What the hell.... Since it seems soooo fecking important to you, I'll
say "you're right." Feel better? The OP asked about the LE-16xx, and
all you can do is blather about how dumb we all are. Go soak your head.)

FWIW, I bought one (LE-1620) for the larger cache, the ability to apply
the entire thermal budget to a single core, and just for the sake of
being different! It goes 3.1+ out of the box with stock voltage and the
wimpy stock fan. Not too shabby. With a better (air) cooler and 1.45v,
I'm up to 3.4 and a hair. A friend has a 3.1 ("That's all she's got,
Captain!") Brisbane I can borrow; I hope to do some real-world
comparisons between the two chips. The primary game I play makes little
use of multi-core chips, so I expect close results and won't be
surprised if the LE wins.

For $50 I've had some fun and have wound up with a speedy chip.

-Moo!
Old January 12th 08, 10:13 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Strutter

[...]

I checked out that forum and have since read another article from someone
that got similar results.

Considering most of todays games that people will be playing on a "low
budget" system will not benefit from multi-core processors,
I see the LE-**** series cpu's excellent value, especially with the OC
possibilities!
For $57 Australian, I doubt you'd find a processor to match the performance
for cost, as you can barely find an outlet that still sells the single
core Athlons 64 chips, especially not for this price range.

Although the current crop of Brisbane cored cpus have some good potential,
as I currently run an AM2 X2 4400+ (standard @ 2.3Ghz)
running @2.78Ghz with the standard HSF & voltage. I've had it running @
2.86Ghz but it was starting to heat up at full load, but with some decent
water cooling, I'm sure it'd be good for a little over 3Ghz....I could
always go buy a faster chip to start with like people say...but that
wouldn't as much fun!

Keep us updated on how you go OCing your chip, as I might have to buy one
just for some OCing fun...

hd performance HankG General 22 October 3rd 04 07:47 PM
TV-Out and performance Robert Olsén Ati Videocards 2 May 9th 04 04:38 PM
Far Cry Performance? Name Ati Videocards 29 April 7th 04 11:14 PM
GFX performance and CPU/RAM JC Nvidia Videocards 3 September 18th 03 11:40 PM
RAM Performance frag General 3 July 17th 03 04:43 PM