Celeron D 365 - Did Intel ever sell this CPU ?!?!?

Old November 15th 07, 12:53 AM posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Intel Guy

Default Celeron D 365 - Did Intel ever sell this CPU ?!?!?

Is there anyone here with an inside line to Intel that can answer this
question:

Was this CPU ever available for retail sale?

Is there anyone currently selling it?

Did any retailer actually have it available for sale?

------------------------------

Celeron D Processor 365

CPU Speed: 3.60 GHz
Bus Speed: 533 Mhz
Bus/Core Ratio: 27
L2 Cache Size: 512 kb
L2 Cache Speed: 3.60 GHz
sSpec Number: SL9KJ

Box Order Code: BX80552365
OEM Order Code: HH80552RE104512

Intel supposedly released this CPU in January 2007.

http://processorfinder.intel.com/det...px?sSpec=SL9KJ
Old November 15th 07, 01:10 AM posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Nate Edel

In comp.sys.intel Intel Guy wrote:
Is there anyone here with an inside line to Intel that can answer this
question:

Was this CPU ever available for retail sale?

Looks like a yes.

http://www.google.com/products?q=celeron+365
lists at least 5 vendors...

Is there anyone currently selling it?
Did any retailer actually have it available for sale?

Not certain. The only one of those above which showed actual stock status
showed out of stock.

--
Nate Edel http://www.cubiclehermit.com/
preferred email | Pick one:
Old November 15th 07, 01:14 AM posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Intel Guy wrote:
Is there anyone here with an inside line to Intel that can answer this
question:

Was this CPU ever available for retail sale?

Is there anyone currently selling it?

Did any retailer actually have it available for sale?

------------------------------

Celeron D Processor 365

CPU Speed: 3.60 GHz
Bus Speed: 533 Mhz
Bus/Core Ratio: 27
L2 Cache Size: 512 kb
L2 Cache Speed: 3.60 GHz
sSpec Number: SL9KJ

Box Order Code: BX80552365
OEM Order Code: HH80552RE104512

Intel supposedly released this CPU in January 2007.

http://processorfinder.intel.com/det...px?sSpec=SL9KJ

It is for sale here.

http://www.partspc.com/Category.asp?CatID=547&offset=20

But do your homework first...

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/PartsPC_9

On Pricewatch, there is no item in the CPU section for the 365.
The highest part with an entry, is Celeron D 360.

http://www.pricewatch.com/cpu/

Newegg has the 360.

Just get the 360 ?

Paul
Old November 15th 07, 01:40 AM posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Brett Kline

http://www.memory4less.com/m4l_itemd...temid=27294100

--
This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to
real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where

Old November 15th 07, 02:29 AM posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Intel Guy

Nate Edel wrote:

Was this CPU ever available for retail sale?

Looks like a yes.

http://www.google.com/products?q=celeron+365
lists at least 5 vendors...

Is there anyone currently selling it?
Did any retailer actually have it available for sale?

Not certain. The only one of those above which showed actual stock
status showed out of stock.

Since Jan/Feb this year, I've been trying (sporadically) to see if
there is/was any internet vendor with the 365 in stock and never seen
one.

While the 360 has been (and still is) available.

????
Old November 16th 07, 01:37 AM posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Intel Guy

Even though Intel seemed to put the word out about the 3.6 ghz Celeron
D 365 in January, I tried to obtain one in March, April and May, and
again over the past few days, but at no time did any retailer ever
claim to have any in stock. The 3.46 Ghz version (360) has been and
still is available.

The high clock multiplier of the 365 would make it a good candidate
for overclocking - theoretically up to 5 ghz. I'm interested in the
Celeron for a few Win-98 systems running on an Asrock motherboard (so
dual-core would be a waste).

The Core-Solo would theoretically also be of interest - and even
though I was at one point speaking with some guy on the Intel
Pre-Sales support line, he didn't even know what a Solo was when I
brought it up (he also was of absolutely no use regarding the Celeron
D 365 and why I could never find it at retail).

Intel must have retail priced the 365 initially at $88 back in January
or February based on the info I got from some retailers.

But I see no evidence it was ever shipped or sold at retail. Not even
anyone offering it on Ebay.

I also came across Intel Product Change Notification #: 107620 - 01
which indicates that the Celeron D 365, 360, 356 and 347 reached their
last order date on Sept 28 and their last ship date is scheduled for
Dec 28 (boxed) and June 2008 for tray.

Celeron D Processor 365
sSpec Number: SL9KJ
Box Order Code: BX80552365
OEM Order Code: HH80552RE104512

http://processorfinder.intel.com/det...px?sSpec=SL9KJ

-----------------------

Details:

Called "Shop Intel" 877.649.5817
- I asked about info regarding Celeron D 365
- was of absolutely no help.
- Suggested I call Intel Pre-Sales

Called Intel Pre Sales support line for retail boxed products
- 1-800-538-3373
- I asked every conceivable question (was there ever a product
announcement or press release, notice of discontinuation)
- The Intel guy was absolutely useless. Claimed to have
no such information available.
- I mentioned the product-change notification, he claims he
couldn't find it.
- I asked if there was a press release (around January) for the
365, he said that "that's a long time ago in the computer world,
so we might have deleted old press releases like that". I told
him that's highly unlikely, and sure enough he back-peddled and
said "yea, there are a lot of old press releases here".
- told him of the above-mentioned announcement (24.01.2007)
regarding the 365 and he couldn't locate any such press release.
- suggested NewEgg (800-390-1119)
- I called NewEgg, they said they have the Celeron D 360
(QTY = 49) $61.99 N82E16819112214 but not the 365.

-------------------

Called the following vendors after doing a google search for
BX80552365:

Zipzoomfly.com (877-228-6958)
- Celeron D 360 (about 79 on hand) - $62.90
- not showing any Celeron D 365

http://www.directron.com
- tried calling, sales line never picked up

http://www.pcconnection.com/ProductD...ode=12-7463615
- called sales, asked about BX80552365, they said no stock
- not on back-order, listed price is $88.40.

http://www.memory4less.com/m4l_itemd...temid=27294100
- That link indicates they have the Celeron D 365
- but when called they said they have no stock on it.

http://www.pcsuperdeals.com/ProductV...7-1518BFF98335
- Shows it as BX80552365 (Celeron D 365) but describes it as 3.46 ghz
(which is Celeron D 360).
- They claim the 360 and 365 is being phased out (and have no stock
for either) and they've never had an order for either.

http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.asp?ID=939478
- That page says "product discontinued" and when I called, they
said that nothing comes up in their system under that part number.
- When asked about the Celeron 360 D, they said they're out of
stock, but will have more in 2 weeks. Price = $67.97

http://www.yesmicro.com/Search.aspx?key=BX80552365
- Does not return any result. When called, they said they are not
showing that part.

http://www.govconnection.com/IPA/Sho...efSort=Y&Term=
- Does have it in their system, but has no stock and upon digging
it comes up with "never been shipped". None on order. Showing
price of $88.48.

http://xtreview.com/images/PCN107620-01.pdf

Product Change Notification #: 107620 - 01
Change Title: Desktop Intel Celeron D Processors 365, 360, 356 & 347
Tray and Boxed Product Discontinuance
Reason for Revision: Adjust forecasted milestones
Date of Publication: June 11, 2007

Forecasted Key Milestones:

Product Discontinuance Program Support Begins: Jun 07, 2007
Product Discontinuance Demand To Local Representative: Aug 03, 2007
Orders are Non-Cancelable and Non-Returnable After: Aug 03, 2007
Last Corporate Commit Product Hot List Date: Sep 18, 2007
Last Product Discontinuance Order Date: Sep 28, 2007
Last Product Discontinuance Shipment Date: Jun 13, 2008 (tray) Dec 28,
2007 (boxed)

Description of Change to the Customer:

Reason for Revision: Adjust forecasted milestones.

Market demand for the Desktop Intel Celeron D Processors 365, 360, 356
and 347 has shifted to other Intel processors. The products identified
in this notification will be discontinued and unavailable for
additional orders after the "Last Product Discontinuance Order Date"
(see "Key Milestones" above).

Customer Impact of Change and Recommended Action:

Please determine your remaining demand for these products and place
your "Last Product Discontinuance Orders" in accordance with the "Key
Milestones" listed above. The tray products listed on the "Products
Affected/Intel Ordering Codes" table below will remain on Intel's
Corporate Commit Process until the "Last Product Discontinuance Order
Date." The "Last Corporate Commit Hot List" is the last date that
customers may submit a request for product utilizing Intel's Corporate
Commit Hot List Process (CCP).

From date of PCN publication, interim booking and turnback deadlines
apply per standard CCP process. The "Last Product Discontinuance Order
Date" is the final day for customers to book the commits Intel has
granted after the "Last Corporate Product Hot List Date."

Boxed processors will not be available after boxed inventory is
depleted (see "Key Milestones" above.) Intel is offering tray
processors to Intel Authorized Distributors as a substitute for
depleted boxed processor inventory. Substitute tray processors are
identified below in the "Boxed Processors Product Table."

Products Affected / Intel Ordering Codes:

Celeron D 356 3.33 GHz HH80552RE093512 L9KL
Celeron D 347 3.06 GHz HH80552RE083512 L9KN
Celeron D 365 3.60 GHz HH80552RE104512 L9KJ
Celeron D 360 3.46 GHz HH80552RE099512 L9KK

Celeron D 356 BX80552356 L9KL HH80552RE093512
Celeron D 347 BX80552347 L9KN HH80552RE083512
Celeron D 365 BX80552365 L9KJ HH80552RE104512
Celeron D 360 BX80552360 L9KK HH80552RE099512

Reference Documents / Attachments:
Document: Location #:
PCN Revision History:
Date of Revision: Revision Number: Reason:
June 8, 2007 00 Originally Published PCN
June 11, 2007 01 Adjust forecasted milestones.

--------------------------------

http://www.macinfo.de/archiv/2007-01.html

24.01.2007

Intel Celeron D reaches 3.6 GHz: Intel is still making money with its
low cost processor Celeron family, despite the fact that it's based on
the old "NetBurst" architecture (Pentium 4) which is supposed to be
replaced by the new and more efficient "Core" and "Core 2" platforms;
a "Core"/"Core 2" based Celeron is not expected to appear before
Q3/2007.

Now Intel has introduced the new Celeron D 365, which is clocked at
3.6 GHz, sports 512k of onchip L2 cache and supports a 533 MHz Front
Side Bus (FSB, 133 MHz "quad-pumped"). Based on the basic bus speed,
133 MHz, that results in an inefficiently high multiplier factor of 27
(clock speed CPU : clock speed Bus = 27 : 1).

The latest previous Celeron D 360 (3.46 GHz, also based on the 0.65µm
"Cedar Mill" core) was introduced last September. Currently no
official pricing is out for the new Celeron D 365, but it's expected
to cost 69-79 US$; the cheapest Celeron D 326 (2.53 GHz) sells for 34
US$.