Thougths on ASUS P5K Deluxe MB for new system

Old September 4th 07, 02:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

Default Thougths on ASUS P5K Deluxe MB for new system

I and a couple friends are looking to build a new system. We will run
Vista and were looking at the Bang for the Buck system on extremetech,

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1825693,00.asp

I am using a system not that was pretty much the previous BFTB system
suggested by extremetech but their new one uses the Gigabyte mb and
I'm sort of an ASUS fan. I use their suggestions as a starting point
and make some changes here and there and in this case for sure the MB
must be different, one of the friends needs firewire for example, none
of us will ever need two video cards etc., so some changes. I would
also use the E6850 Intel chip in my system, two 500 gig Sata III
drives running Raid 0 and a third Sata drive for drive backup. Still
not sure about going SATA on the CD/DVD burner yet but will have to
look into that.

My question is regarding the P5K MB and it seems there are some issues
with the board so I'd love to hear from those who are using the board
with success and what their configuration is and also those who have
had problems with the board. A lot to ask but it sure would help and
maybe will help many others who are also looking at a P35 based board.
One onther point, I'm not sure I want or need DDR3 memory..

Thanks,

Gene
Old September 10th 07, 11:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Juarez

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 20:48:44 -0500, someone wrote:

My question is regarding the P5K MB and it seems there are some issues
with the board so I'd love to hear from those who are using the board
with success and what their configuration is and also those who have
had problems with the board. A lot to ask but it sure would help and
maybe will help many others who are also looking at a P35 based board.
One onther point, I'm not sure I want or need DDR3 memory..

Thanks,

Gene

Just built this about a month ago and have no issues at all.

P5K mb (basic, not Deluxe or Premium)
E6850 CPU
4x1gb Patriot Signature DDR2-800
1 EVGA 7900GT KO Video card