Best deal right now

Old May 13th 07, 01:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Joe_Z[_2_]

Default Best deal right now

There looks to be some good deals right now on AMD cpus and mboards need I
say where what would you put together right now for an inexpensive but
fast system for say an audio/video system? minus the vcard or scard, just
need the cpu and mainboard info please and many MANY thanks for those
watching all the sales closely well in advance...Joe

Old May 13th 07, 02:35 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Venom

"Joe_Z" wrote in message
There looks to be some good deals right now on AMD cpus and mboards need I
say where what would you put together right now for an inexpensive but
fast system for say an audio/video system? minus the vcard or scard, just
need the cpu and mainboard info please and many MANY thanks for those
watching all the sales closely well in advance...Joe

You will need DDR2 ram too.

Old May 13th 07, 01:06 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
_--_-_

On Sun, 13 May 2007 00:00:43 GMT, "Joe_Z"
wrote:

There looks to be some good deals right now on AMD cpus and mboards need I
say where what would you put together right now for an inexpensive but
fast system for say an audio/video system? minus the vcard or scard, just
need the cpu and mainboard info please and many MANY thanks for those
watching all the sales closely well in advance...Joe

The 2.5 gig brisbane dual cores are cheap. Kinda klunky, but they'll
do the job and run cool.

Old May 14th 07, 03:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
cr500r

The 2.5 gig brisbane dual cores are cheap. Kinda klunky, but they'll
do the job and run cool.

Why are they klunky? maybe the cache is only 512K? I've read they
overclock nice to redeem themselves.

Old May 16th 07, 04:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Joe_Z[_2_]

Sorry for being so late I have a lot of 333 ddr laying around, ugh, I'd
forgot just how far they've gone in hardware in 5 years, I bought in when
the xp1700 clocked to 2100 so easily, I can buy ram but I'm looking to save
money if at all possible but want something correct at the same time, again,
many MANY thanks...Joe

AMD will always be the best bang for buck absolute no question... not that
Intel is bad but I'm not a rich fanboy, AMD will rise again...

I've been an AMD guy since the duron 700 clocked to 1gig, really I clocked
the athlon 700 slot if that says how long I've been an AMD boy thanks
again...

Old May 16th 07, 04:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Joe_Z[_2_]

dual core? hmm? AMD right? I've been absent from the clocking scene for a
long time sorry...Joe

Old May 16th 07, 08:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Martik[_2_]

"Joe_Z" wrote in message
There looks to be some good deals right now on AMD cpus and mboards need I
say where what would you put together right now for an inexpensive but
fast system for say an audio/video system? minus the vcard or scard, just
need the cpu and mainboard info please and many MANY thanks for those
watching all the sales closely well in advance...Joe

I've analysed both AMD and Intel. The best bang for your buck using existing
DDR1 and AGP video is
the dual core Intel E4300 and Asrock 4coredual-vsta M/B at $112 + $59 which
easily oclocks to 2.7Ghz (ie: AMD X2 6000) Wait until Q3 and get an E4500
with 11x multiplier for even greater oclocks. Newegg.com has some good
reviews on both.

Old May 18th 07, 08:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Joe_Z[_2_]

thank you...Joe
wrote:

There looks to be some good deals right now on AMD cpus and mboards need I
say where what would you put together right now for an inexpensive but
fast system for say an audio/video system? minus the vcard or scard, just
need the cpu and mainboard info please and many MANY thanks for those
watching all the sales closely well in advance...Joe

The 2.5 gig brisbane dual cores are cheap. Kinda klunky, but they'll
do the job and run cool.

Update on Deal or No Deal MZB Dell Computers 8 May 14th 07 09:42 PM
Deal? Or no deal? MZB Dell Computers 23 May 13th 07 01:35 AM
Refurb Dell servers: deal or no deal [email protected] Dell Computers 35 May 17th 06 12:27 PM
AMD64 or Semperon, deal or no deal? Tad Confused General 13 April 13th 06 06:43 PM
Is this 181 GB drive on EBay a good deal or a bad deal? GMAN Storage (alternative) 0 June 24th 03 08:45 AM