Adding a DVD drive to a Deskpro EN

Old December 31st 04, 03:48 AM
raffir

Default Adding a DVD drive to a Deskpro EN

Hi, everyone.

I just bought a Refurbished Compaq Deskpro EN 1.0Ghz machine and I'm
wondering how to get the front off so that I can add a DVD drive. The
front bezel seems impossible to remove!

Please respond ASAP.

Much obliged,

Raffi.
Old January 2nd 05, 05:12 AM
Earl F. Parrish

"raffir" wrote in message
m...
Hi, everyone.

I just bought a Refurbished Compaq Deskpro EN 1.0Ghz machine and
I'm
wondering how to get the front off so that I can add a DVD drive.
The
front bezel seems impossible to remove!

Please respond ASAP.

Much obliged,

Raffi.

We are users as you are. You should show some humility when you are
asking for help.
Go to this link and download or view in your browser the pertinent
chapters from the manuals:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...SeriesId=96266

The link is long. You may have to copy and paste it in several
steps into a text file. Get rid of all the line breaks and finally
copy and past the link into your browser addressbar.

--
Earl F. Parrish

Old January 2nd 05, 10:45 PM
Ben Myers

Depending on the model of DeskPro EN, you may not have to remove the front bezel
at all. First, remove the cover. Then, the assembly that holds the drives
raises up on a front hinge. There are small retaining clips to hold the CD-ROM
(??) drive in place. Press the clip in, slide the drive backward a quarter inch
or so, then raise it up in the slots which hold the mounting screws. Check
CD-ROM jumper settings, use the same settings for a DVD drive. Place the
mounting screws from the old drive in the corresponding screw holes in the new
drive.

If you have a DVD burner, be advised that a 1GHz computer may not be fast enough
to sustain the burn rate of a DVD... Ben Myers