windows installprob

Old July 28th 04, 02:45 PM
barbibiz

Default windows installprob

Anyone really good with Windows XP professional?
I am not, having only been using it for a few weeks.
However my laptop(compaq) normally opens to the desktop.
The other day, being stupid ( I am being that alot lately) I was fiddling
with something in Windows and the next time I turned on the laptop it went
to the window where you have multiple users (with their names are and
passwords?) I dont have any other user so normally I do not see this window
e x c e p t for now ...
well it opens to this window and there is noone ( no nmaes, no administrator
or anything!) and I cant go anyfurther other than to turn off.
Now by chance I have a new copy of windows XP professional and I try to give
it a "clean install" the CD wont even work.
Any ideas,? any help? what can I do? Normally not this stupid and I have
used Windows for 10 years (w3.11.w95 w98)
The remedy would be great, ?
thanks in advance
felicity

Old July 28th 04, 03:52 PM
HH

It would help to know what you were "fiddling with." User Accounts in
Control Panel possibly?
HH

Old July 28th 04, 05:03 PM
barbibiz

Yes HH I was in the control panel, I am not sure if I was there
particulary in the user accounts ( but probably was)
Okay I give up. Any clues to what I can do?
Felicity

news

Old July 28th 04, 06:47 PM
barbibiz

Thanks for your advice, but there is no administrator box just the page
that would normally have that on.
Felicity
"GasMan" wrote in message
Try Ctrl Alt Delete and enter Administrator for the username, leave
the pw blank and see if that gets you in.

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 23:45:33 +1000, "barbibiz"
wrote:

[...]

Please remove obvious from email address if emailing.

Old July 29th 04, 04:42 PM
barbibiz

Thankyou to the people whom replied re my problem: it now has been fixed..
I installed a new copy of windows XP professional.. did it by putting the
CD in and then re starting it and then somehow going from there..but it is
working fine now.
It did ask my name so it could set up that horrid page.
thanks again
felicity