USB 2.0 drivers......installed?

Old September 19th 03, 01:24 PM
KILOWATT

Default USB 2.0 drivers......installed?

Hi everyones...thanks to read. I've built a new computer a few
days ago based on Windows98SE and the ASUS P4P800-VM
wich supports up to 8 usb 2.0 ports. 6 are actually available: the 4
integrated ones on the board, + two at the front that i connected to
the motherboard with a connector. I've installed the usb 2.0 drivers then
rebooted.When Windows loaded, it detected the new hardware but
only two "hardware" were identified as "usb2.0" among the ones it detected:
1- intel usb 2.0 enhanced host controller
2- usb 2.0 root hub device
The rest of the hardware detected was identified as "standard
universal[...]"
Here's a screenshot of my device manager on the usb serial bus controllers
at the bottom:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/kilo.watt/i...ontrollers.bmp
For the moment i only have two usb device wich are my 3com home connect
webcam and an Intel computer microscope. Of sourse i didn't wanted to
install
any of thoses before making shure that the usb ports and 2.0 driver where
properly setted up. But now by looking at the device manager, i'm not shure
at all
if the usb 2.0 is working or not.I expected to see "usb 2.0" everywhere so
now i'm
confused. All the ports by themselves seems to work because if i plug my
webcam
in any of the 6 ports available, i have each time the dialog: "building
driver information
databasenew hardware found3com home connect usb cameraprompted to search
for it's driver..." Anyone can tell me if what i see on the device manager
is expected or
not, or if i there's something wrong?

p.s: Yes... of course the motherboard's chipset had already been
successfully installed.

Alain(alias: Kilowatt) Montréal Québec

Old September 19th 03, 04:27 PM
HF

Dont trouble trouble until it troubles you. Dont worry - if you have done
the thing correctly it will work
"KILOWATT" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

DOS Drivers for Audigy 2 El Deevo General 5 September 7th 03 04:11 AM
How do I format a HD with Win XP Pro installed. PC is stuffed. Edzo General 2 August 21st 03 03:51 PM
Gigabyte GA-BX drivers James General 1 August 17th 03 02:08 PM
USB Drivers Gaffer General 11 August 10th 03 03:55 PM
Stupid Damn ATI Drivers! Zilog Jones General 4 July 22nd 03 11:27 PM