Must be a flashback

Old February 12th 08, 01:19 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

Default Must be a flashback

I looked twice as I thought some one had sliiped me a hallucinogenic.
Looked again just in case I was wrong.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Packard-Bell-486...QQcmdZViewItem

then I looked further

http://cgi.ebay.com/MS-DOS-6-22-and-...QQcmdZViewItem

I must be on drugs
No I am born again bigot
So must be reality

http://cgi.ebay.com/486-DOS-6-Window...QQcmdZViewItem

I must go inspect my junk and build a 486

Old February 12th 08, 12:52 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts

Hi met !

Nothing will EVER top the Packard Bell desktop computer a couple of years
ago that sold for:

$3100 !!!!!!

Yes, that was Thirty One Hundred Dollars, American. Plain old 486 Packard
Bell desktop.

It was purchased with the buy it now option !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mentioned it on the ng at the time, posted links, and when I kept
following up on the thing, the person actually left feedback, which means
some idiot actually bought/paid for it.

Or, it was an elaborate hoax. Which frankly makes more sense.

I could build a couple of dozen Legendary 486 computers, with all kinds of
Rare and Valuable software.
I should get right on this. :-)

--
boBWatts®©
EartH

Old February 12th 08, 02:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers

Except for a computer museum, what would somebody do with an old PB 486 running
Windows 3.1? What do you guys do with yours? You have your own computer
museums, don't you? ... Ben Myers

Old February 12th 08, 02:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Feb 12, 9:05*am, Ben Myers
wrote:
Except for a computer museum, what would somebody do with an old PB 486 running
Windows 3.1? *What do you guys do with yours? * You have your own computer
museums, don't you? * ... Ben Myers

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:19:56 -0800 (PST), metronid wrote:
I looked twice as I thought some one had sliiped me a hallucinogenic.
Looked again just in case I was wrong.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Packard-Bell-486...omputer-5-25-f...

then I looked further

http://cgi.ebay.com/MS-DOS-6-22-and-...pened-Packages...

I must be on drugs
No I am born again bigot
So must be reality

http://cgi.ebay.com/486-DOS-6-Window...mputer-5-25-fl...

I must go inspect my junk and build a 486- Hide quoted text -

I have been ebaying for years.
Never quite figured out the why people buy certain items..

Old February 13th 08, 01:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts

"Ben Myers" wrote in message

Except for a computer museum, what would somebody do with an old PB 486
running
Windows 3.1? What do you guys do with yours? You have your own computer
museums, don't you? ... Ben Myers

I have a museum. At times I wonder why. :-)

If I had a warehouse, it would be ridiculously full. As it is, the BODADC
( Basement of Doom and Diet Cola ) has an embarrassing amount of computers
and parts and stuff in it.

What do I do with the 8088, 286, 386, 486, old Pentiums, old AMD, etc. ?

Look at 'em. :-)

Once you start using a 1GHz, 2GHz, 3GHz, 4GHz computer, it's hard to go
backwards, except for nostalgia. Still, I monitor newsgroups who are
FANATICS about their old computer. I won't type which ones. ( for fear of
being "hit". :-)

My fascination with the PB is a simple one. I have always liked the looks of
the case. From 1995 on, I thought they were neato looking. Still do.

Old February 13th 08, 02:44 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers

And some people think the looks of the Edsel are neat. :) .... Ben

Old February 13th 08, 08:22 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
mc

Hey if Rocky can have a comeback then so can Benny Alagam (pardon Electors
spelling)......
mc

Old February 15th 08, 01:56 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Elector

"mc" wrote in message
Hey if Rocky can have a comeback then so can Benny Alagam (pardon Electors
spelling)......
mc

You are Pardoned....grin
Benny has had his two companies and his two failures....

Elector