Acer Aspire 5920G: DVD recorder update

Old September 18th 08, 05:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Mhaxx

Default Acer Aspire 5920G: DVD recorder update

Could someone tell me where to find a firmware update or fix for the
"Toshiba DVDWHD TS-L802A", the DVD recorded doesn't work so well?

I can't find anything.. and the recored failes many times the data
verification or the record..

Thanks in advance,

Mhaxx
Old September 23rd 08, 05:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
007[_5_]

"Mhaxx" wrote in message
Could someone tell me where to find a firmware update or fix for the
"Toshiba DVDWHD TS-L802A", the DVD recorded doesn't work so well?

I can't find anything.. and the recored failes many times the data
verification or the record..

Thanks in advance,

Mhaxx

How do you know that "the DVD recorded doesn't work so well?
Isn't there any possibility that you might be doing something wrong?

Old September 24th 08, 08:19 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Mhaxx[_2_]

How do you know that "the DVD recorded doesn't work so well?

Because recording I get error and data check failure.. and there's no reason
for them. This happens with Nero and with Acer software, too.

Isn't there any possibility that you might be doing something wrong?

I don't think so.

Could you kindly tell me where I can find a firmware update or a fix for all
my problems? (the notebook is new one)

Thanks,

Massimo

Old September 24th 08, 10:39 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
007[_5_]

"Mhaxx" wrote in message
How do you know that "the DVD recorded doesn't work so well?

Because recording I get error and data check failure.. and there's no
reason
for them. This happens with Nero and with Acer software, too.

Isn't there any possibility that you might be doing something wrong?

I don't think so.

Could you kindly tell me where I can find a firmware update or a fix for
all
my problems? (the notebook is new one)

Thanks,

Massimo

I don't think anybody can help you in your case.
As fa as I know Aser has it's ow software shipped
with Acer laptops. If you installed Nero 7 or 8
and runing Vista - you may have problem here.
Nero has compatability problem with Vista.
It may halp to chek the Nero updates and install them.
If that doesn't help, you'd be advised to uninstall Nero
and reinstll it. OR go back to the Acer Dedicatet
DVD software which is NTI CD Maker (I belive).

Now, that "Toshiba DVDWHD TS-L802A", the DVD"
is made if I remember well, by Matsu****a. But you say it's
"toshiba DVDW/HD TS-L802A". So if you go to Toshiba site
you may find what you looking for. This is all what I can do.
But you probably already have been there...
Note that NERO has problem with Vista.
I'd uninstall it and reboot PC to let computer reinstall
by default the original drivers for "NTI CD Maker".

Firmware Toshiba DVDW/HD TS-L802A. ...
toshiba ts l802a hd dvd rom firmware vtf32 ...
toshiba portege r500 s5001x dvd rom firmware uj 844 v1.01 ...
http://www.drivers-software-download...vdwhd-ts-l802a -
66k -

Old September 24th 08, 11:12 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Mhaxx[_2_]

Nero has compatability problem with Vista.

The problem has happended from the beginning (immediately after I bought the
notebook), that is when I didn't installa anything. So I don't think Nero
may be the cause.

Thanks,

Massimo

Old September 24th 08, 03:59 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
007[_5_]

"Mhaxx" wrote in message
Nero has compatability problem with Vista.

The problem has happended from the beginning (immediately after I bought
the
notebook), that is when I didn't installa anything. So I don't think Nero
may be the cause.

Thanks,

Massimo

If Nero has come with Acer installed - cal Acer and they
shoud sort the problem for you. However, in case if you
installed Nerro over the factory installed NTI CD Maker,
dedicated to Acer - you should check the version of Nero
and see what problems you can expect.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...ompat ibility

Old September 24th 08, 04:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
007[_5_]

"Mhaxx" wrote in message
Nero has compatability problem with Vista.

The problem has happended from the beginning (immediately after I bought
the
notebook), that is when I didn't installa anything. So I don't think Nero
may be the cause.

Thanks,

Massimo

See this review - so Acer Aspire 5920G has pre-installed NTI CD/DVD Maker 7.
Without proper delition of it and installing Nero 7 over it - you can
expect problems.

http://www.theacerguy.com/2007/07/12...0-user-review/

"The downside is that the touch sensitive control cannot (to my knowledge)
be reprogrammed. For example, the "record" button only opens the
pre-installed
NTI CD/DVD Maker 7, whilst I am sure many would prefer it to launch Nero
or perhaps Ashampoo alternatives."

Old September 25th 08, 07:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
William R. Walsh

Hi!

The problem has happended from the beginning (immediately after I bought
the notebook), that is when I didn't installa anything.

If your discs are failing to burn and/or be readable later, have you
considered the media you are using?

Your media might be bad quality, or it may simply not work with the drive
you have. It happens. Sometimes firmware updates can improve things, but
it's often easier and not as risky as upgrading drive firmware?

Also, try slowing down the burning speed. You could be asking more than the
computer can do in terms of data transfer.

William

Old September 25th 08, 01:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
007[_5_]

"William R. Walsh" m
wrote in message news:BTFCk.303513$TT4.187166@attbi_s22...
Hi!

The problem has happended from the beginning (immediately after I bought
the notebook), that is when I didn't installa anything.

If your discs are failing to burn and/or be readable later, have you
considered the media you are using?

Your media might be bad quality, or it may simply not work with the drive
you have. It happens. Sometimes firmware updates can improve things, but
it's often easier and not as risky as upgrading drive firmware?

Also, try slowing down the burning speed. You could be asking more than
the
computer can do in terms of data transfer.

William

Indeed, this may be the case. I've checked with my friend
who has Acer Aspire 5920G. The media he is using is
Verbatim Advanced AZO+ DVD-R
or Sony DVD-R.

Old September 26th 08, 04:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Mhaxx[_2_]

"The downside is that the touch sensitive control cannot (to my knowledge)
be reprogrammed. For example, the "record" button only opens the
pre-installed
NTI CD/DVD Maker 7, whilst I am sure many would prefer it to launch Nero
or perhaps Ashampoo alternatives."

I can't understand how this is linked to my problem.. :-O

Massimo