possible to burn to more than one CD simultaneously in a PC (2 minimal, 4 ideal) ? Alternative dedicated systems?

Old October 16th 07, 06:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
markm75

Default possible to burn to more than one CD simultaneously in a PC (2 minimal, 4 ideal) ? Alternative dedicated systems?

I've attempted this on a pc with 2 idea cd burners, but nero and roxio
both must wait until one disc is done before moving on..

Is there a way to do this on a PC, short of purchasing a dedicated
burning system? (For around $200 or less?)

If not, can anyone recommend a good cd burning system, which can do 2
minimal or 4 ideally, cds at one time.. perhaps has a harddrive so the
session can be called up later instead of re-reading the source. Or a
system with DVD burning capabilities, if it isnt much more money?

Also optional in such a system woudl be a usb or network connection to
use as the source, and if it could be controlled from a remote
computer too.

Thanks

Old October 16th 07, 09:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
markm75

On Oct 16, 1:49 pm, markm75 wrote:
I've attempted this on a pc with 2 idea cd burners, but nero and roxio
both must wait until one disc is done before moving on..

Is there a way to do this on a PC, short of purchasing a dedicated
burning system? (For around $200 or less?)

If not, can anyone recommend a good cd burning system, which can do 2
minimal or 4 ideally, cds at one time.. perhaps has a harddrive so the
session can be called up later instead of re-reading the source. Or a
system with DVD burning capabilities, if it isnt much more money?

Also optional in such a system woudl be a usb or network connection to
use as the source, and if it could be controlled from a remote
computer too.

Thanks

These would be data cd's, primarily from an ISO file.

Old October 17th 07, 03:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/6eldj
http://tinyurl.com/gqnae
http://tinyurl.com/2qnvph
http://tinyurl.com/38wte6

(No Mikey S-Lickers have been able to prove ANY of the above is a )
(LIBEL -- despite Mikey claimed to have PROOF of libels & misquotes!)
'

markm75 wrote:

I've attempted this on a pc with 2 idea cd burners, but nero and roxio
both must wait until one disc is done before moving on..

Don't know about the POS roxio, but Nero does do simultaneous
(alternating) burning. (Have you checked "Use multiple recorders" and
get prompted with "Choose Recorders"?)

Is there a way to do this on a PC, short of purchasing a dedicated
burning system? (For around $200 or less?)

Duplicators are pricey. Think they start from $200 at a minimum.

If not, can anyone recommend a good cd burning system, which can do 2
minimal or 4 ideally, cds at one time.. perhaps has a harddrive so the
session can be called up later instead of re-reading the source. Or a
system with DVD burning capabilities, if it isnt much more money?

Also optional in such a system woudl be a usb or network connection to
use as the source, and if it could be controlled from a remote
computer too.

Don't get too ambitious.

Here are what I know or heard from others:

1. It's not really simultaneous, but alternating burning.
2. Actual burn times are very roughly twice that of single burn.
You are not saving time. 3 & 4 may minimize that.
3. Use identical burners with the same firmware version.
4. Put each drive on separate channel as Master.
5. RecordNow, Padus DiscJuggler, Nero all do "simultaneous" burning.
(Nero requires additional license for more than 2 burners (somebody
recently mentioned 4).

Suggest you first build a two burner system with points 3 & 4 above and
try out with Nero, and see if the performance is acceptable.
Old October 17th 07, 04:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Mike Richter

markm75 wrote:
On Oct 16, 1:49 pm, markm75 wrote:
I've attempted this on a pc with 2 idea cd burners, but nero and roxio
both must wait until one disc is done before moving on..

Without knowing what prompted Nero to write the discs serially, I can
assure you that the program is capable of writing from a single source
to two drives concurrently. I know do it with similar drives, one EIDE,
the other SATA; previously, I did it with two EIDE drives from different
manufacturers. No problem with Nero 6 in either case. In that case, I
had the drives on different branches, one as master, the other as slave.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/
Old October 17th 07, 02:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
markm75

On Oct 16, 11:29 pm, Mike Richter wrote:
markm75 wrote:
On Oct 16, 1:49 pm, markm75 wrote:
I've attempted this on a pc with 2 idea cd burners, but nero and roxio
both must wait until one disc is done before moving on..

Without knowing what prompted Nero to write the discs serially, I can
assure you that the program is capable of writing from a single source
to two drives concurrently. I know do it with similar drives, one EIDE,
the other SATA; previously, I did it with two EIDE drives from different
manufacturers. No problem with Nero 6 in either case. In that case, I
had the drives on different branches, one as master, the other as slave.

Mike
--
/

Thanks for the advice guys.. ill be trying out the simultaneous
feature of nero later today.. i actually didnt even realize it was
there..

Old October 17th 07, 05:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Default Mike Richter: CD-R Faq Makes a Common Mistake

Mike Richter spewed:

markm75 wrote:
On Oct 16, 1:49 pm, markm75 wrote:
I've attempted this on a pc with 2 idea cd burners, but nero and roxio
both must wait until one disc is done before moving on..

Without knowing what prompted Nero to write the discs serially, I can
assure you that the program is capable of writing from a single source
to two drives concurrently. I know do it with similar drives, one EIDE,
the other SATA; previously, I did it with two EIDE drives from different
manufacturers. No problem with Nero 6 in either case. In that case, I
had the drives on different branches, one as master, the other as slave.

Yet another Mikey did it! How about responding to OP's other questions
that you snipped out?

And how about an update whether the FAQ has corrected the common
mistake?

Mike Richter: CD-R Faq Makes a Common Mistake

======================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 9/16/01

the FAQ makes a common mistake in that section,
confusing Enhanced CD with its predecessor, CD Extra
======================
Old October 17th 07, 05:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Default Mike Richter: CD-R Faq Conflicts with References

Mike Richter spewed:

markm75 wrote:
On Oct 16, 1:49 pm, markm75 wrote:
I've attempted this on a pc with 2 idea cd burners, but nero and roxio
both must wait until one disc is done before moving on..

Without knowing what prompted Nero to write the discs serially, I can
assure you that the program is capable of writing from a single source
to two drives concurrently. I know do it with similar drives, one EIDE,
the other SATA; previously, I did it with two EIDE drives from different
manufacturers. No problem with Nero 6 in either case. In that case, I
had the drives on different branches, one as master, the other as slave.

Yet another Mikey did it! How about responding to OP's other questions
that you snipped out?

And how about an update whether the FAQ has corrected the conflict with
references?

Mike Richter: CD-R Faq Conflicts with References

========================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 5/14/01

Yes, the FAQ says that a Mixed Mode disc
is written in a single session.

I don't doubt it...but it conflicts with

other information I have gleaned from
references
========================
Old October 17th 07, 05:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Default Mike Richter: CD-R Faq has Significant Errors

Mike Richter spewed:

markm75 wrote:
On Oct 16, 1:49 pm, markm75 wrote:
I've attempted this on a pc with 2 idea cd burners, but nero and roxio
both must wait until one disc is done before moving on..

Without knowing what prompted Nero to write the discs serially, I can
assure you that the program is capable of writing from a single source
to two drives concurrently. I know do it with similar drives, one EIDE,
the other SATA; previously, I did it with two EIDE drives from different
manufacturers. No problem with Nero 6 in either case. In that case, I
had the drives on different branches, one as master, the other as slave.

Yet another Mikey did it! How about responding to OP's other questions
that you snipped out?

And how about an update whether the FAQ has corrected the significant
errors?

From: Mike Richter
Date: 5/24/02

I've posted privately to Andy on the FAQ section.

It is quite dated ... and has significant errors
=====================
Old November 7th 07, 05:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
[email protected]

Someone previously mentioned that these CD or DVD standalone DVD
duplicators dont really burn simultaneously.. is this true?

IE: a 9 disc unit like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827236064

I'm assuming i can load my iso on the harddrive of the unit, then
press burn and it will burn 9 discs at once?

Can anyone confirm / deny this.. or point me to a similar model that
will in fact do this?

Thanks

Old November 8th 07, 03:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Mike Richter

wrote:
Someone previously mentioned that these CD or DVD standalone DVD
duplicators dont really burn simultaneously.. is this true?

IE: a 9 disc unit like this:

I'm assuming i can load my iso on the harddrive of the unit, then
press burn and it will burn 9 discs at once?

Can anyone confirm / deny this.. or point me to a similar model that
will in fact do this?

Thanks

They're burned concurrently. If one is a few bytes ahead or behind
another, it's handled in the buffer. I use a four-drive box. Total
record time is right for the burn rate I select plus lead-in, lead-out
whether I'm writing one, two, or three copies.

If you look around hard enough, you can always find "someone" to say
anything.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/