god hates my computer!!!

Old August 27th 03, 04:59 AM
Anthony

Default god hates my computer!!!

I had a 1333 athlon with a ecs k7s5a motherboard. the cpu died.
I tested the motherboard and memory with an old DURON 800 and it
worked fine. my fan is perfect (dragon orb 3 very cool!), and my
powersupply is new. The processor just died on me! The case temp was
normal (115.F) at the time of cpu death. All parts work except the cpu
now. Should i worry about putting a new chip in the motherboard where
my 1333 fried???

It started like this: It just began restarting one day, totally
randomly, in the middle of internet surfing, a game of quake,
whatever. Then, it just reset one day, and would not boot again. I
tested my 1333 processor in my friend's system, and it did not work. I
put his cpu in my system, and it does work. The only component of my
sys that died was the CPU!!!

ARG! Am I worrying about my motherboard for nothing? Could there
really be damage to it that would hurt my new cpu (xp2200)? help me!!!
Do I need a new motherboard to minimize risk?

-acb
Old August 27th 03, 05:19 AM
Wes Newell

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:59:39 -0700, Anthony wrote:

I had a 1333 athlon with a ecs k7s5a motherboard. the cpu died.
I tested the motherboard and memory with an old DURON 800 and it
worked fine. my fan is perfect (dragon orb 3 very cool!), and my
powersupply is new. The processor just died on me! The case temp was
normal (115.F) at the time of cpu death. All parts work except the cpu
now. Should i worry about putting a new chip in the motherboard where
my 1333 fried???

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Orb sucks, even the the Orb3.
It may look cool, but that's the only thing cool about it. You'll get
better performance out of a cheap copper based conventional designed
cooler, much better. It may have even played a part in the demise of your
cpu. Give it to someone with a Duron or socket 7 cpu. It's no good for
an Athlon.

It started like this: It just began restarting one day, totally
randomly, in the middle of internet surfing, a game of quake,
whatever. Then, it just reset one day, and would not boot again. I
tested my 1333 processor in my friend's system, and it did not work. I
put his cpu in my system, and it does work. The only component of my
sys that died was the CPU!!!

ARG! Am I worrying about my motherboard for nothing? Could there
really be damage to it that would hurt my new cpu (xp2200)? help me!!!
Do I need a new motherboard to minimize risk?

Do a visual inspection of the caps and other components. If it looks ok,
then test the voltages. More than likely the board is ok. Do yourself a
favor and don't use the Orb on your next cpu.

Old August 28th 03, 09:39 PM
Anthony

"Wes Newell" wrote in message t...
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:26:13 -0700, Anthony wrote:

How do I test the voltages?

If you've got a cpu that will boot, Look in the bios. Or use a VOM (Volt
Ohm Meter).

LAST QUESTION!!! My single stick of DDR is also in working order. I
tested it in a friend's machine. Should I worry about using the ram in
the new system???
Old August 28th 03, 11:14 PM
Wes Newell

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:39:43 -0700, Anthony wrote:

LAST QUESTION!!! My single stick of DDR is also in working order. I
tested it in a friend's machine. Should I worry about using the ram in
the new system???

If it tested good, I don't see any reason not to use it.

Old August 28th 03, 11:55 PM
Chris Willetts

Amen brother!!
"Chris Johnson" wrote in message
.. .
try downloading some electronic bibles, to offset the porn , maybe God
won't be so mad at your computer
"Hamman" o.uk wrote in
message ...

wrote in message

(Anthony) wrote:
[...]

God is just ****ed off at your machine because it is full of PORN,

PERVERT!

and yours isnt?

--
Asus A7N8X deluxe rev. 2.0
AMD XP 3200+, 400fsb

Old August 31st 03, 05:07 AM
Trypt

casetemp of 115F is not normal, thats thing could be used as a heater in an
igloo.. man, your casetemp should not go over 90F under any circumstances..
All you need is a nice intake fan in the bottom/front, and a couple exhaust
at the top/back, and you'll see your case temp drop by at least 20.. you
may have a problem here..

m...