Disabling SLI on 6800GS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 7th 06, 07:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default Disabling SLI on 6800GS

I have a 6800GS. A recent driver update seems to have caused the
machine to boot with SLI enabled. Since there's no second graphic card,
this causes a popup saying that the missing graphics card forces SLI to
be disabled on each bootup. Each, because SLI being disabled doesn't
seem to be saved, and it's on again next boot.

It's annoying, so I tried to stop it. The control panel has only one
SLI related part -- and that just shows a link to their Web site (which
clicking the balloon at startup also does). The Web page says a lot
about how to set up SLI, but nothing about how to turn it off. My PSU
can barely run one 6800, and that one card runs Quake 4 decently; I
don't need another. Especially not on my budget.

Searching the help accessed from the control panel doesn't produce any
more information.

This stinks of spam. It looks like the driver update included a
"feature" that nags you incessantly if you have an SLI-capable card but
no second such card until you get one, and which deliberately either
can't be turned off or requires something obscure done to turn it off.

Say it ain't so. And please, someone, tell me how to disable these SLI
notifications! (Other than rolling back the drivers, which Half-Life 2:
Episode One doesn't like, or actually purchasing a new video card.)