Medion uk

Old December 12th 04, 01:33 AM
ffred

Default Medion uk

I was looking at an old advert for the Medion PC that Aldi were selling last
month and thought that I would have a look at the Medion Website. They have
what appears to be the same PC for sale now. Has anyone bought direct off
Medion and if so can they reccomend them. I'm after information on dealing
direct with Medion rather than buying a Medion PC from Aldi.

Thx

Old December 12th 04, 09:02 AM
Martyn

ffred wrote:
I was looking at an old advert for the Medion PC that Aldi were selling last
month and thought that I would have a look at the Medion Website. They have
what appears to be the same PC for sale now. Has anyone bought direct off
Medion and if so can they reccomend them. I'm after information on dealing
direct with Medion rather than buying a Medion PC from Aldi.

Thx

In general the goods are generally well spec'd and good value for money,
but.............

If you buy from Medion you better hope nothing goes wrong, their after
sales and customer support is appalling. I had the misfortune to return
a faulty PDA and car charger under warranty five weeks ago and am still
waiting. They never contact you on the progress of the repair, give a
variety of excuses, refuse to let you speak to a manager or the repair
centre and don't reply to emails.

I won't be buying anything from them again.

Martyn

~~~~~~~info AT onecal DOT co DOT uk~~~~~~~
Old December 12th 04, 02:56 PM
Rob O'Connor

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 09:02:52 +0000, Martyn wrote:

ffred wrote:
[...]

Just out of interest - have you managed to get any contact from Medion
yet? I had exactly the same problem early last year and had to send
them a court summons to get my money back...

Old December 12th 04, 06:09 PM
Dave

In general the goods are generally well spec'd and good value for money,
but.............

If you buy from Medion you better hope nothing goes wrong, their after
sales and customer support is appalling. I had the misfortune to return a
faulty PDA and car charger under warranty five weeks ago and am still
waiting. They never contact you on the progress of the repair, give a
variety of excuses, refuse to let you speak to a manager or the repair
centre and don't reply to emails.

I won't be buying anything from them again.

Martyn

I had a laptop repaired recently. No problems, emails answered promptly...

Old December 14th 04, 08:23 AM
Martyn

Just out of interest - have you managed to get any contact from Medion
yet? I had exactly the same problem early last year and had to send
them a court summons to get my money back...

No

Martyn

Medion hard drive JnJ General 8 October 9th 04 02:24 PM
Aldi Medion - ATI 9600TX - Engineer visit :( Dom Robinson UK Computer Vendors 4 August 20th 03 11:16 PM
Aldi Medion - ATI 9600TX - Engineer visit :( Dom Robinson Ati Videocards 1 August 18th 03 11:14 PM
ATI 9600TX in Aldi Medion PC - s-video problem Alan Shepherd Ati Videocards 9 July 22nd 03 07:21 PM
Dell customer support Steve Dell Computers 30 July 13th 03 02:39 AM