Artisan 835 AIO Printing Question?

Old June 4th 15, 02:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default Artisan 835 AIO Printing Question?

I have a Artisan 835 AIO printer that I am ver
y happy with, glad to say. It can scan single pages laying on its
scan-glass and can scan a series of pages sequentially from a nice
feed-hopper on the top of the printer. It can even scan to pdf
documents.

I want to scan a large number of document pages that are printed on
both sides. I know I cannot scan both page sides in order, which
would be nice. It looks like I will have to scan every page's front
side, in sequence (say, pp 1-3-5-7-etc), and then manually 'flip' all
the pages to then scan the back sides, in sequence (say, 2-4-6-8-etc).

This may be asking too much, but I wonder - is there any software
(preferable free of course) that could put these pages (which are now
in a single pdf file) back together again (say, pp 1-2-3-4-5-etc)?

Thanks

Alan
Old June 4th 15, 09:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Thu, 04 Jun 2015 10:41:09 -0400, Paul wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Have you carefully checked the software that comes with it ?

If the device has automatic document feed when scanning,
then the software should have a few different output
options

It does. I only saw an option to merge several scanned pages into a
single document - not the reverse. I'll look again when I get a
break.

Thanks

Alan

If the device only supports the insertion of one page
of paper at a time (manually), then the software is
less likely to have collating or shuffling functions
for page order.

Paul

Old June 4th 15, 10:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

wrote:
[...]

I don't know what I was thinking. I looked again at the printer's
printing from its so-called ADF (audomatic document feed) hopper, and
I see no options either way. When I scanned several pages before that
way, it saved a single pdf document, which of course I now would like
to split.
So - it looks like the printer is going to give me a multiple page
single pdf file no matter how many pages I have. It was another
program I have that allows the merging of separate pdf pages from
multiple pdf files. That program does not seem to do the opposite,
which is what I need. It is AVS4YOU's 'document converter'. I
guess I could scan the pages manually, one page at a time, creating
separate pdf files which I could then merge using AVS4YOU, but that
would be tedious to say the least.

Old June 5th 15, 12:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

wrote:

[...]

I just tried this search.

double sided PDF scanning shuffle

I got this:

http://www.filehungry.com/product/ma..._shuffle_pdfs/

"ice Shuffle PDFs takes two PDFs created from scanning a double-sided
document and shuffles them into a single PDF. The first input PDF contains
the document's odd pages (pages 1, 3, 5, 7, etc.). The second input PDF
contains the document's even pages (pages 2, 4, 6, 8, etc.). ice Shuffle
PDFs shuffles these PDF pages together the way you shuffle cards: it
alternately takes one page from each PDF until no more pages are left.

The resulting PDF restores the original reading order of the scanned document.

ice Shuffle PDFs assumes that the pages of the second PDF are in
reverse order. This is because scanning double-sided pages usually
leaves the even pages reversed. If you don't want ice Shuffle PDFs
to do this, launch ice Shuffle PDFs and then choose Don't Reverse
when asked. If you drag-and-drop PDFs onto ice Shuffle PDFs, or if
you use Open With ice Shuffle PDFs on the input PDFs, then the
second input PDF will always be shuffled in reverse order.

Shuffling PDFs with many hundreds of pages can take a few minutes
to complete. Upon success, ice Shuffle PDFs will create a new PDF
it never alters the input PDF files.

To begin shuffling PDFs, you have three options: 1) you can launch
the application and step through its wizard, 2) you can drag-and-drop
the input PDFs onto the application, or 3) you can select your
input PDFs in Finder and then choose Open With ice Shuffle PDFs
from the contextual menu.

The built-in Help information explains all three of these methods
in detail, and you can always contact customer support through our
web site: www.ice199.com.

Since the website in question (ice199.com) only seems to have an email
link, I think I'd keep looking for other examples of
converters. I was hoping to at least find a sales
page or a Support page. For when I move it to another
OS and it stops working.

Paul
Old June 5th 15, 09:16 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Anssi Saari

writes:

This may be asking too much, but I wonder - is there any software
(preferable free of course) that could put these pages (which are now
in a single pdf file) back together again (say, pp 1-2-3-4-5-etc)?

With a quick Google I found PDFtk and there are instructions on how to
do this (it's called collating). Now, while PDFtk is free and there's an
example how to do this at
https://www.pdflabs.com/blog/how-to-...scanned-pages/ it's
a command line tool which some people find rather quaint these days.

I also found a bit of JavaScript that can be added to Adobe Acrobat to
add a collate function but that probably won't help you but is
convenient for me as I own a copy of Adobe Acrobat.

Also Adobe offers a 30-day free trial for their cloud based Acrobat and
instructions at
https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/how-...es-online.html
but I can't tell from the web site if collating is a feature. They only
mention rearranging by drag and drop.
Old June 8th 15, 10:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Fri, 05 Jun 2015 11:16:05 +0300, Anssi Saari wrote:

writes:

[...]

Artisan 835 Scan Problem [email protected] Printers 4 May 2nd 14 12:15 AM
Epson Artisan 835 Question [email protected] Printers 1 March 29th 14 08:56 PM
Wireless Printing to Artisan 835 from Laptop? Frederick Printers 3 August 16th 11 03:06 PM
artisan 810 error jeepster Printers 0 March 11th 11 03:06 AM
Epson Artisan 710 & 810? [email protected] General 7 March 15th 10 02:28 AM