Why are HDD platters harder than the floppy/ZIP discs?

Old July 7th 09, 08:30 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

Default Why are HDD platters harder than the floppy/ZIP discs?

edfair wrote
quote:

With the present machine, the disc exits the manufacturing process as
a finished disc substrate, ready to go into wet processing for the
depositing of a magnetic coating. Such wet processes are well known to
those skilled in the art and are not part of the present invention.
Substrates made by this invention could just as easily be coated by
conventional magnetic oxide or by plating or depositing processes or
could even be used in applications entirely different than magnetic
coating or memory use.

Your choice. You made the statement that vacuum deposition was the only way.

You're lying now. I never ever said anything like that.

Seems that the patent holders know of several others and specifically
mention that the wet process is well known to practitioners of the art.

And I rubbed your nose in the wikipedia article which says that there
is more than one way of doing the magnetic coating, and that did NOT
include your stupid pig ignorant claim about it being glued to the substrate.

Are you a practitioner?

Dont need to be. Even someone as stupid as you can use the net to work out how its done.

Old July 10th 09, 09:32 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

John Turco wrote
Rod Speed wrote
edfair wrote

As they did it.

As they did what ? Stupid not quoting any of the context.

Please, note that the full headers of "edfair's" messages,
indicate he's posting via "vBulletin USENET gateway" --
which is a Web site, I suppose.

It's possible, "vBulletin" doesn't support proper newsgroup conventions, perhaps?

He did however quote properly after that.

Old July 10th 09, 01:23 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
edfair[_14_]

quote:
You're lying now. I never ever said anything like that.

quote:
That was never the case. It was always vaccuum deposited onto the
substrate.

quote:
And I rubbed your nose in the wikipedia article which says that there
is more than one way of doing the magnetic coating, and that did NOT
include your stupid pig ignorant claim about it being glued to the
substrate

quote:
Dont need to be. Even someone as stupid as you can use the net to work
out how its done.

Must be great to be 13, knowing all the answers without knowing all the
questions, and the rest of the world is stupid.
I would have thought someone as brilliant as you would have understood
the "glue" as a metaphor for bonding.
Perhaps you could post you IQ for us, or your CV, and perhaps a job
history.

I am posting through the HTFC site. More direct, less clutter.

Old July 11th 09, 03:41 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

edfair wrote
Rod Speed wrote
edfair wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Will you STOP ****ing around with the quoting.

That does NOT say that it was never done any other way, ****wit child.

And I rubbed your nose in the wikipedia article which says that there
is more than one way of doing the magnetic coating, and that did NOT
include your stupid pig ignorant claim about it being glued to the substrate

Dont need to be. Even someone as stupid as you can use the net to work out how its done.

Must be great to be 13,

I'm old enough to be your father and quite likely old enough to be your grandfather thanks, ****wit child.

knowing all the answers

Never ever said anything even remotely resembling anything like that either, ****wit child.

without knowing all the questions,

Mindlessly silly.

and the rest of the world is stupid.

Just fools like you, ****wit child.

I would have thought someone as brilliant as you would
have understood the "glue" as a metaphor for bonding.

Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

Perhaps you could post you IQ for us,

Just how many of you are there between those ears, ****wit child ?

or your CV, and perhaps a job history.

None of your business, ****wit child.

I am posting through the HTFC site.

More fool you, ****wit child.

More direct, less clutter.

And cant quote, ****wit child.

Old July 12th 09, 05:55 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
edfair[_15_]

Ah, but quotes are my favorite way of imparting wisdom. That way I don't
have to have the experience myself.

The great grandchildren would be proud that my grandfather was still
alive.

You shouldn't be so reticent to post your history. It is fascinating.
I'm surprised I never ran across any of your stuff on FidoNet. I'm
humbled to have run across someone who is so famous and have had the
good fortune to have shared postings with him.