live web stream

Old February 22nd 07, 07:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
Adam[_2_]

Default live web stream

Hi there,

I've got birds nest at the roof of my house. I would like to install a
web cam before birds come back and transmit live picture though my
website. What prerequisites do I need it order to succeed and how much
roughly it would cost me?

I assume I would need a proper web cam, which could stand bad weather
and temperature changes. The place where birds have a nest is quite
dark as well, so probably it would be good to have one with a light or
something?

The second thing is how to stream ( with a good rate, at least 1 frame
a sec ) the picture from the camra through my website? Do I need a
specific hosting?

What else would I need to do in order to succeed with my plan? Birds
are coming soon! Need help!

Thanks,
Adam

Old February 22nd 07, 11:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
Tony Sutton

"Adam" wrote in message
oups.com...

I've got birds nest at the roof of my house. I would like to install a
web cam before birds come back and transmit live picture though my
website. What prerequisites do I need it order to succeed and how much
roughly it would cost me?

I did something similar. This might not help you but it could get you
started.

See:

http://www.hypertony.co.uk/nestcam/

Good luck and do let us know how it's going with it.

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.fordst170.co.uk

Old February 23rd 07, 01:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
Si Ballenger

On 22 Feb 2007 11:42:30 -0800, "Adam" wrote:

Hi there,

I've got birds nest at the roof of my house. I would like to install a
web cam before birds come back and transmit live picture though my
website. What prerequisites do I need it order to succeed and how much
roughly it would cost me?

I assume I would need a proper web cam, which could stand bad weather
and temperature changes. The place where birds have a nest is quite
dark as well, so probably it would be good to have one with a light or
something?

The second thing is how to stream ( with a good rate, at least 1 frame
a sec ) the picture from the camra through my website? Do I need a
specific hosting?

What else would I need to do in order to succeed with my plan? Birds
are coming soon! Need help!

The basics would probably be a video capure card/device, a
camera, and a web cam program. Below are some inexpensive outdoor
type cams (they are fixed focus, so might not work very well up
close. Bottom link is using the color cam with out the IR LEDs.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo1.htm

Old April 18th 07, 01:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
wapcamer

Hi,
not sure for the rest but regarding the webcam soft, you can try
WapcamServer, which is free and dedicated to that kind of usage. It
also has a motion detection feature, usefull to be notified without
keeping watching the cam.

Let me know if this helped you.