New hardware...oh no it isn't!

Old January 29th 07, 12:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Brickcounter

Default New hardware...oh no it isn't!

I have recently reinstalled my printer sw, and all works fine, except that
every time I switch the printer on I get the 'Found new hardware' message.
I just close it, and the resulting warning, and it works. But how can I stop
it showing the new hardware message?
On a similar subject I have also installed a wireless card (Netgear WG311T)
and wireless modem/router (Netgear DG834GT), and on boot I get the Netgear
config wizard every time. Similarly I close this, and it works ok. But
again, how can I stop it opening the wizard unnecessarily?
brickcounter

--
Windows XP Pro SP1
Gigabyte GA-VTXE 1.0 motherboard

Old January 29th 07, 01:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Gerard Bok

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:34:10 -0000, "Brickcounter"
wrote:

I have recently reinstalled my printer sw, and all works fine, except that
every time I switch the printer on I get the 'Found new hardware' message.
I just close it, and the resulting warning, and it works. But how can I stop
it showing the new hardware message?

Probably, you didn't (fully) finish the installation.

Insert the driver media, go to the device manager, select update
driver. And be a little more patient, before you remove the
media.
(Especially if a reboot is part of the installation procedure.)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok
Old January 29th 07, 03:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
xorbit

Brickcounter wrote:
I have recently reinstalled my printer sw, and all works fine, except that
every time I switch the printer on I get the 'Found new hardware' message.
I just close it, and the resulting warning, and it works. But how can I stop
it showing the new hardware message?
On a similar subject I have also installed a wireless card (Netgear WG311T)
and wireless modem/router (Netgear DG834GT), and on boot I get the Netgear
config wizard every time. Similarly I close this, and it works ok. But
again, how can I stop it opening the wizard unnecessarily?
brickcounter

--
Windows XP Pro SP1
Gigabyte GA-VTXE 1.0 motherboard
AMD 1.4 Althon XP processor
1 Gb RAM
Radeon 8500 graphics card

Check to see if your anti-virus is allowing permanent registry changes.

Old January 30th 07, 05:31 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Noozer

"Brickcounter" wrote in message
news
I have recently reinstalled my printer sw, and all works fine, except that
every time I switch the printer on I get the 'Found new hardware' message.
I just close it, and the resulting warning, and it works. But how can I
stop
it showing the new hardware message?

USB printer? Model would help. If USB, did you change the USB port it was
connected to?

Old February 2nd 07, 04:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Brickcounter

Noozer found the answer - I had plugged it in a different usb port.
Problem solved. Thanks N.
bc